The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few Eugene/OMF icons...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Wallpapers, icons, and videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: A few Eugene/OMF icons... Reply with quote

Karin's not the only one with a little hankerin' for Eugene right now... Wink

After looking at Maddy's exquisite Our Mutual Friend screen caps again, I decided I had to have a Eugene icon! So I played around a little with Eugene and Paint today, and here's what I came up with.

This is exactly why I don't have Photoshop or Gimp, though! This is all I'd be doing 24/7. Confused So a few squeezed out of Paint will have to be enough to satiate my Eugene urge.

You don't have to use them--I just felt like posting them. Smile But if you do, they are a little bigger than 100 x 100 pixels, so you'd either have to resize a little (or I can for you), or save them to an off-site image host like Photobucket, and use the URL from there.

Last edited by Teri on Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Desdemona

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMGOMG! I love that last one with the ceeee-gar.

Oh, Eugene, Eugene!

I think it's like a collective Eugene squee day today.
"Bush put both arms round Hornblower's shoulders and walked with dragging feet... Hornblower was the best man in the world and Bush could announce it by singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow' while lurching along the alleyway. " - Lt. Hornblower
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Teri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there's almost a little Gone With the Wind--Rhett Butlah--burnin' of Atlanta thing going on in that one, isn't there? Purely unintentional, however. Wink

I'm glad you like it Jenn--I haven't done a lot of these. Confused

I know!! The EW squeeage is palpable today!!! LOL!

*THUD!!*
Down East

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>there's almost a little Gone With the Wind--Rhett Butlah--burnin' of Atlanta thing going on in that one, isn't there?<

That's it!! That dashing, seemingly care-free, roamer....

Love the avatars!

The red background for the cigar profile pic really works in the most excellent way, Teri. Very, very nice.

I also like the chiarscurro icon, because it's so much like those patintings...with the layers of glazes upon them to give them that deep looking effect. That's what I think of when watching that scene or seeing those pics. Rembrant...and the rest of the MASTERS.

And our EW man about town, ready to save damsels in distress....cool!
Teri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Maddy. Smile

And you know, we're always seeing Eugene in his white linen--like Jenn's avatar--which I love, but I also love those earlier, darker, shadowy, half-lit images of him, when we weren't sure of who he was yet. He was still that uncrackable nut, at that point--a mystery to be solved... Very alluring.

Many of the scenes from that first part are filled with that sort of flickering, unsteady light from candles, and hearths, and oil lamps, and moonlight that lend them a natural 'chiaroscuro'--and your touch ups magnify the effect. That's why they're some of my absolute favorite images of Eugene/Paul--they're so beautifully atmospheric and of another time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Wallpapers, icons, and videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: