The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CT2005 happenings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> ChicagoTARDIS 2005
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: CT2005 happenings Reply with quote

Teri posting on my computer:
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:40 am

Lindsaygirl wrote:
Tell Jason we said hi, Em!!!

Hi guys!! Estelle and I reporting in from TARDIS...

Sorry to say Em wasn't able to make it today--her father in law took very ill, and she was off to Nashville today with her husband, to be with him--so we're hoping things are going OK for them. Estelle got to spend a little time with her yesterday, but I just got in today and really missed seeing her. Send her some love when you can...

So Em and I are holding down the TARDIS fort here with some really fun PMEBer's--Jenn, Bex, Cathy and Andie to be exact!

As for Jason--he was here, but the poor guy took ill with food poisoning yesterday (never order the ham omelet... , so we only got to see him a little, and he did the bare minimum on stage, so that was a bit of a bummer. He did manage to stop by Estelle and me after the closing ceremonies to say good bye though--and we each got a kiss! Ever the gallant host...

We talked to Gary a bit, too, and he shared a little Paul scoop with us, but I'll let Estelle tell you about that, because I've hogged this thread long enough!

We are having all kinds of fangirl fun, though, and Estelle has some fun pics to share--so talk to you all soon at home!

More from Teri:
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:03 pm

Hey all. That was me above--this is why one does not post at a fangirl slumber party at 12:30AM, after four bottles of Bud Light, on a laptop you're not used to...

And this...

Quote:
So Em and I are holding down the TARDIS fort here with some really fun PMEBer's

...should say 'Estelle and I'--sorry Estelle! What a dweeb (me that is, not Estelle ).

Well we just had a good old time in Chicago--Paul or not--just doing some fangirl bonding. Estelle is a blast, you guys! She is so much fun to be with, and I got to beat her at pool, and everything. I was very disappointed Em couldn't be there with us, too--I was really looking forward to seeing her again. But of course she had to do what she had to do, and we thoroughly understood--but you were very much missed, Em. Hope you and Alan are doing alright.

I did get to meet some new PMEBer's, though--Jenn and Bex, who, in actuality, are Peter Davison converts, and I can understand why after seeing him Sunday. There was definitely life before the eighth doc, as well--I can tell you that much. He's a lovely man. And of course we were with Andie and Cathy, too, and we all had a great time at dinner and hanging out in the bar 'til all hours after closing ceremonies (with the BF gang not too far away ).

As Em said, Jason looked great, too (I should look that good when I'm deathly ill! ) and he still tried so hard to be hospitable to us--so we very much appreciated that. He looked much improved when we said our goodbyes this morning, which was good to see. He was on his way to one of the museums with the rest of the BF gang, which was a good sign.

So! As I said, I'll let Estelle tell you what Gary had to say about Paul, and I'm sure she'll have some rather embarrassing-- I mean fun pics to show you--little shutterbug that she is!

Take it away, Estelle!

From Rollande:
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:15 pm

Quote:
That was me above--this is why one does not post at a fangirl slumber party at 12:30AM, after four bottles of Bud Light, on a laptop you're not used to...

Hey partygirls Estelle and Teri!! Glad to hear that you're both having some fun over there.....I so wish I could have been there(wether Paul was there or not)!!!!!! Hope the weather was a lot better than last year. It would have been nice to do some sightseeing in Chicago but the weather didn't permit it.

I also remember almost suffocating from the heat in that hotel.....Gee I hope they lowered the thermostat a bit this year!!! It was so dry there, I thought my contact lenses would stay stuck to my eyes( I remember Paul said he had problems with his eyes too....not just because all the camera flashes).

It's too bad that Em couldn't join you this year, I hope she and Alan are doing OK under the circumstances...... Poor Jason to be sick at such a time..Glad to hear that he's feeling better. Any word on Gary's reaction to the t-shirt??

Rollande

I'll finish this at home.

Estelle
Down East

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how the hotel was as hot in 2005 as it was in 2004! Some things never change. It would have been nice to see everyone again.

Estelle, did you attend Gallifrey 2006? I was just wondering how it went, if you and others attended. I was waiting to hear about it, and then....didn't hear anything.
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down East wrote:
Estelle, did you attend Gallifrey 2006? I was just wondering how it went, if you and others attended. I was waiting to hear about it, and then....didn't hear anything.

I posted a little bit about it in my LJ. Unfortunately I didn't stay very long since my family was also in LA for the weekend because my daughter had a basketball tournament.

Photoshop resources
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down East wrote:

I am so bad about getting stuff together! I've been working on the pics so I can post them. Basically, it was very cool to see Em, Gaby, Jenn (Chiprich--warinbabylon), and Heidi (Drox). Gary Russell wasn't as chatty as he was at CT2005, and Jason was whirling around (great that he wasn't laid up with food poisoning this time around). Rob Shearman and Nick Briggs were fab, and I loved Louise Jameson. More to come as they say. Smile

Estelle
Down East

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, ok. I just wanted to know how your get together with the other ladies went.

It's usually more fun for friends to get together than the actual events are...so.....when you get to it, that would be fab!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> ChicagoTARDIS 2005 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: