The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bagel Babies!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Bagel Babies! Reply with quote

Like Teri said about her "ghastly" (they are not!) photo manipulations, these are FUN ART rather than fine art. But anyway...

Over at LiveJournal, Indefatigable (Caroline) and I have been manufacturing what we think will be The Next Big Thing!

Forget Strawberry Shortcake! We're creating a new line of dolls, The McGann Bagel Babies!!

Singing Strawberry Paul! (Mommy!!! I want a Strawberry Paul Doll!!!!!)
(Smells like real strawberries!)

Pecan Honey Lemon Mark! (I love you, Pecan Honey Lemon Mark!)
(Sings "It's a long way to Tipperary!")

Sunflower Joe! (singing: "Sunflower Joe! Sunflower Joe! Put him in the sun and watch him grow!")
(Yes, he really grows! We haven't figured out the logistics yet.)

Poppy Seed Stephen! (um, he's stuck in my teeth...)
(Very special!)

After much waiting, collectors will be pleased to know that ALL FOUR McGann Bagel Babies are available now! Be the first on your block to collect them all!

But don't take our word for it! Look at these happy children!!!

You won't want to miss this opportunity! These McGann Bagel Babies are available for a limited time only, and are sure to become collector's items! Get yours today!

Last edited by Grace on Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Funny!

Nice pink nail enamel on Paul there. Wink

Cute!!!

*is grinning from ear to ear*
"Bush put both arms round Hornblower's shoulders and walked with dragging feet... Hornblower was the best man in the world and Bush could announce it by singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow' while lurching along the alleyway. " - Lt. Hornblower
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just so in love with them all. Or in loff I should say. Very Happy
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desdemona wrote:
OMG Funny!

Nice pink nail enamel on Paul there. Wink

Cute!!!

*is grinning from ear to ear*

I think this pic of Paul with lovely pink lips fits here:

Estelle
Grace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUHHH! I've never seen that picture before! Look at his strawberry face!!! He's even wearing a red vest to go with the strawberry theme!

(By the way, the idea of a "strawberry Paul" came when I watched Monocled Mutineer for the first time a couple of months ago, and I was blown away by how young and sweet and fresh he was, like a strawberry - plus he was singing!!! A Singing Strawberry Paul! And now "strawberry" has come to represent young, fresh, sweet and pretty. Shame About the Boy, for instance, is full of strawberry McGanns.)

Sigh... Fresh juicy sweet strawberry Paul... Do you have the rest of that article, Estelle?
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace wrote:
GUHHH! I've never seen that picture before! Look at his strawberry face!!! He's even wearing a red vest to go with the strawberry theme!

(By the way, the idea of a "strawberry Paul" came when I watched Monocled Mutineer for the first time a couple of months ago, and I was blown away by how young and sweet and fresh he was, like a strawberry - plus he was singing!!! A Singing Strawberry Paul! And now "strawberry" has come to represent young, fresh, sweet and pretty. Shame About the Boy, for instance, is full of strawberry McGanns.)

Sigh... Fresh juicy sweet strawberry Paul... Do you have the rest of that article, Estelle?

I think the pic shows Paul as Mo from Give Us a Break. Mia Huber who posted this pic on the McGanned yahoo list thought Paul looked too pretty (but then even he said he was pretty boy as a kid). I'll look around for the article, which I have somewhere in text form.

Estelle
Teri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace, you've developed quite the marketing strategy for your 'Bagel Babies'! Laughing These are fantastic! Love the irony of the 'feeding poppy seeds to babies' warning--right next to the baby chowing down poppy seeds... Laughing Laughing

Isn't 'Strawberry Fields' a park in Liverpool? Who knows, maybe the McGann boys frolicked there when they were just.....little bagel dough balls. Smile

Are those pink highlights in Paul's hair in Estelle's pic? Shocked
Rollyb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm Maybe it's just my imagination but it also looks like he's wearing pink eye shadow.... Shocked

Love those Bagel Babies!!! I'm really enjoying my Sunflower Joe(BTW, I think Grace he's grown another foot!! *g*
Rollande Cool
Grace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
Isn't 'Strawberry Fields' a park in Liverpool? Who knows, maybe the McGann boys frolicked there when they were just.....little bagel dough balls.
LOL! Laughing

Rollyb wrote:
Love those Bagel Babies!!! I'm really enjoying my Sunflower Joe(BTW, I think Grace he's grown another foot!! *g*
That's excellent news, Rollande! Our prototype only grew a foot and a half total! But that was between North Carolina and California (just somewhere between.) He must prefer that colder climate! Or maybe he just needed your extra special love, er, LOFF. Cool I'm so glad to hear he's thriving. How tall is he now?
Rollyb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two and a half feet tall and still growing.....I think there are new chutes coming out too...LOL!!
Sunflower Joe is doing verrrrry well.
Rollande Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Fine Art All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: