The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Withnail for Waterford
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marwood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic stills, Estelle. Thanks so much for sharing them. Smile

I cannot wait to watch this video! Very Happy

emay wrote:

What are they doing?
Teri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they're getting their jeans signed. Now why didn't I think of that! Surprised

emay wrote:
The next set of images cracks me up!...Paul kept his tongue stuck out for a few moments on the video and looked thoughtful.
Has Em seen these yet? Wink

Were they auctioning off the second Marwood coat, btw? (I thought I saw 'Christies' in the background there.) Do they mention what they got for it?

Great caps, Estelle--I don't think you missed a frame! I'm really excited to see this now, too! Very Happy
Marwood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Withnail for Waterford Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
And to think I just put 27 and 16 together a few weeks back, and realized he was 'Benvolio' in the 1968 version of Romeo and Juliet--and I used to drool over him in Tiger Beat magazine when I was twelve! Surprised

Who on earth, knew? It's no wonder he was hit on
by Franco Zefferelli before they even started filming...

I watched Franco Zeffirelli's production of Romeo & Juliet for the first time yesterday. Bruce was great in it. Smile I do think he got a lot sexier with age though. I'd take Brian Lovell (his Still Crazy character) over Benvolio any day, and not just because of the tights!

Teri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Withnail for Waterford Reply with quote

Marwood wrote:
I watched Franco Zeffirelli's production of Romeo & Juliet for the first time yesterday. Bruce was great in it. Smile

Did you? Surprised Wow, I haven't seen that in over thirty years! He was actually good in it, huh? I was probaby too young to notice at the time Wink... I'll have to see if I can get that off Netflix, and take a stroll down memory lane.

Marwood wrote:
I do think he got a lot sexier with age though.

Yeah, he was very 'pretty' when he was young, wasn't he? (Not unlike a certain scouse actor whom he later directed. Wink ) Time has added a lot of character and rugged handsomeness to his face, I think.

Paul was very 'pretty' when he was young, too. So much so, he won nearly all of the female parts in his all-boy primary school theatrical productions. There are a few pics of him and his brothers as young boys floating around--I always seemed to wind up posting them at the old Libraries--I suppose I should get them up here, too! Very Happy Will do.
Marwood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Withnail for Waterford Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
Marwood wrote:
I watched Franco Zeffirelli's production of Romeo & Juliet for the first time yesterday. Bruce was great in it. Smile

Did you? Surprised Wow, I haven't seen that in over thirty years! He was actually good in it, huh?

Perhaps I was being generous. A tad. Very Happy

emay wrote:

Bet they've never seen the film. Mad Good for publicity I suppose.
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Withnail for Waterford Reply with quote

Marwood wrote:
Perhaps I was being generous. A tad. Very Happy

Bruce Robinson was certainly beautiful in that film. The older Robinson reminds me of DeForest Kelly who played Dr. Leonard McCoy in Star Trek (and in some pictures of Paul as Mr. Bush, I'm reminded of Michael Palin).

Quote:
emay wrote:

Bet they've never seen the film. Mad Good for publicity I suppose.

Posh and Becks, right?

Oh, Marwood, I haven't forgotten your DVD and will mail it this weekend.

Estele
Marwood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Withnail for Waterford Reply with quote

emay wrote:
Posh and Becks, right?

I envy you for not being sure! Smile

emay wrote:
Oh, Marwood, I haven't forgotten your DVD and will mail it this weekend.

Yippy! Thank you Estelle. Very Happy
Teri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Withnail for Waterford Reply with quote

emay wrote:
(and in some pictures of Paul as Mr. Bush, I'm reminded of Michael Palin).

Really Estelle? You'll have to point out which ones to me sometime. Smile

emay wrote:
Posh and Becks, right?

Well you can envy me even more for not having any clue whatsoever! lol Who are they? Mediocrely talented has-been publicity mongers who annoyingly show up at every photo-op event and leech off the auras of truely gifted performers, perhaps?

(In truth, I almost thought that was Eric Roberts there--but that would just be wrong on so many levels. Wink )
Diesel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Withnail for Waterford Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
emay wrote:
(and in some pictures of Paul as Mr. Bush, I'm reminded of Michael Palin).

Really Estelle? You'll have to point out which ones to me sometime. Smile

emay wrote:
Posh and Becks, right?

Well you can envy me even more for not having any clue whatsoever! lol Who are they? Mediocrely talented has-been publicity mongers who annoyingly show up at every photo-op event and leech off the auras of truely gifted performers, perhaps?

(In truth, I almost thought that was Eric Roberts there--but that would just be wrong on so many levels. Wink )

First of all; Wauw Estelle, your talent for doing caps==> Surprised Don't hold it back, the caps are awesome!!!
Teri; Posh and Becks are David -Becks- BeckhamVictoria -posh- Adams akka Mrs Beckham. He is Englands golden boy in football (Soccer) and she is a singer. She kind of 'made' him as in created the right image for him. They are very hot Europe. Kind of the golden couple with whom everything is shiny. (althoug it is never all sunshine and no storm in ANY marriage....) Well, now you know Wink .

Diesel
Aries; we are taught that man most loves and admires the domestic type of woman, this is one of the roaring jokes of history. The breakers of hearts, the queens of romance, the goddesses of a thousand devotees have NOT been cooks.........
Marwood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Withnail for Waterford Reply with quote

emay wrote:
Marwood, I haven't forgotten your DVD and will mail it this weekend.

How long does it usually take for packages to get from the States to the UK? It hasn't arrived yet.
Rollyb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I watched Franco Zeffirelli's production of Romeo & Juliet for the first time yesterday. Bruce was great in it. Smile I do think he got a lot sexier with age though. I'd take Brian Lovell (his Still Crazy character) over Benvolio any day, and not just because of the tights!

You can say that again!!!
I wonder if you can rent Still Crazy here??? I'll have to check that out..

It didn't realize it was Bruce Robinson playing the part of Benvolio in Romeo and Juliet. I've seen that film quite a few times over the years....You learn something new every day!

I received one of the books I ordered which is Withnail & I(by Kevin Jackson)
part of the BFI Modern Classics collection. While giving a bit of a synopsis of the film, it also gives some of Bruce's own experiences at the time. It's not a big book but it's a fascinating little read nonetheless.
Rollande Cool
Rollyb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Were they auctioning off the second Marwood coat, btw? (I thought I saw 'Christies' in the background there.) Do they mention what they got for it?

Withnail's overcoat went for 5000 pounds bought by Chris Evans
The "Crow Crag Farm" sign for 600 pounds
Richard Grant's annotated script for 5000 pounds
An original manuscript of the Withnail novel for 6600 pounds bought by screenwriter Richard Curtis(Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill)
which Curtis returned to Robinson

In all, over 100,000 pounds was raised at the auction and the proceeds were going towards an educational fund in Grant's hometown of Swaziland.
Not too shabby for a small independant movie that no one wanted to distribute.....
Rollande Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Theatre All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: