The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New artwork by Carolyn Edwards(Best sit down first!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: New artwork by Carolyn Edwards(Best sit down first!) Reply with quote

I love this drawing, which Carolyn will have available as limited edition prints for Paul fans only. She'll soon provide the details. But for now, enjoy!

Estelle
8DocArtist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: New artwork by Carolyn Edwards(Best sit down first!) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Thank you Estelle, for kindly posting this piccy for me.

The full title of the piece is 'Nocturne Interlude'. I guess I was inspired by Ludovico Einaudi's music and Kate Orman's 'Year of Intelligent Tigers', among other things...

I was thinking specifically of Paul fans when I drew it and I even had a little wibble at the time! It's the bare feet, don't you know!

I'm being cheeky really, 'cos I wondered if any of you would like to purchase a special limited edition print of this rather wonderful drawing Wink This is an offer exclusive to Paul McGann fans, it won't be on sale anywhere else, except possibly the TVMovie 10 year reunion later this year in Stockton, also known as 'Dimensions'.

As I say, it will be a very limited edition. Depending on the interest I get, I will be printing 25 - 30 and hand signing and numbering each one. The prints will be A4 size(approx 8"x12"), printed on 120gsm matt paper, all ready for framing.

Any thoughts will be welcome. Thanks for looking!

Carolyn xx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tell me where and how to order and I'm there!

--Andie
Paulgirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one, too!

Carolyn, I've always loved your drawings. They're so tactile and sensuous. I always feel like I can melt right into them.

Melting. That's a nice, clean term for the effect this particular one had on me. It was the feet. There's something infinitely sexy about a person who's fully dressed yet with bare feet, an unexpected bit of intimacy.

Especially with The Doctor, who up until the 8th probably slept fully dressed including his shoes.

Denise

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulgirl wrote:
Melting. That's a nice, clean term for the effect this particular one had on me. It was the feet. There's something infinitely sexy about a person who's fully dressed yet with bare feet, an unexpected bit of intimacy.

I kinda enjoyed the piccy of Paul at the bottom of this Listening advert for the same reason:

Estelle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely beautiful Carolyn!!! You are a very talented lady.
Rollande Cool
8DocArtist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your kind comments. I particularly agree with yours Denise, about the bare feet and that unexpected intimacy, which makes you look, and look again... It was something I could see the Eighth Doctor doing somehow and it formed the basis of my composition(I had a peek at your artwork too when I was posting - wow!! You have a lovely eye, for colour, composition and likeness. Your portraits are very gentle).

The prints are 20 UKP each. This includes post, packing and shipping to the UK and beyond.

Just email me privately, or through this forum with your details if you would like one. I accept Paypal(Paypal only for oversees please, unless you're willing to risk cash by post), UK cheques, or Postal orders.

Estelle I'm intrigued by "Listening" and would love to see it. Is it available anywhere?

Carolyn
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8DocArtist wrote:
Estelle I'm intrigued by "Listening" and would love to see it. Is it available anywhere?

It's not commercially available, and I don't think it's ever been shown on TV like The Dance of Shiva. In 2003 Listening did appear at film festivals in the US (Atlanta and Rhode Island).

Ken Branagh had some nice things to say about Paul when discussing his decision to cast him as a deaf man in the film: "And also to be brutally honest, I wanted from the face that would be so prominent and so silent through the picture to have what I think Paul has, to my mind, a sort of on occasions a beatific quality, a sort of otherworldly quality, some quality of the numinous, some sense of being, as they once referred to James Cagney, as "a far-away fellow" and there's something socially about a far-away fellow and I wanted a far-away fellow. And I wanted a face that could be both neutral and yet convey, I don't know, sometimes he's my idea of Jesus, in a way, not that I'm suggesting that he was. There's something in the face, there's something about the bone structure, there's something about those great eyes and there's something about a quality of stillness and a kind of delicacy to his presence at times that was what I was looking for."

Estelle
Intervain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my he's put it nicely - I love Ken even more now Wink - not that I ever didn't ! I've been a huge fan forever!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Fine Art All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: