The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello to everyone from Puerto Rico!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NicolaSix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Hello to everyone from Puerto Rico! Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I just discovered this wonderful website and am so thrilled! I've loved the McGanns (but I must confess that I ADORE Paul) forever (and since I'm only 23...I guess I've loved them for maybe 16 years or something like that). I just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone who has worked and cooperated on this site. The screencaps are droolworthy! I'm so glad to have found you guys Very Happy
Teri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nicola! Smile

Nice to see you here--great to see Paul has fans in Puerto Rico, too! How did you first learn about Paul, btw? It's always fun hearing about that. Wink

Enjoy the Library--we certainly do!

Teri
NicolaSix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm. I think the very first time when I saw Paul was in "Dealers". HOTNESS. I rented some movies and became an avid "Withnail and I" fan but then didn't see a lot of him until Poirot's "Sad Cypress". I love him because he is so regal and calm...yet there's a lot of different emotions that are displayed through his gaze. Sigh.
Teri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NicolaSix wrote:
Hmmmm. I think the very first time when I saw Paul was in "Dealers". HOTNESS.

Yes! Laughing I love that! I think you are the first person I've ever talked to that has seen him in Dealers first--which is probably his most (and only) gratuitiously 'hot' film ever!

We have a tradition here on New Year's for people without party plans--we watch Dealer's en masse on New Year's Eve night (cocktails optional Wink ), and then giggle massively about 'Daniel doing the horizontal bop in the balloons', and Daniel hurdling the railing, and Rebecca swallowing his tongue, etc. afterwards. Laughing It's so very eighties and camp, you have to love it.

Have you seen Paul in anything else besides yet? A lot of us here first saw him as Lt. Bush in the A&E Hornblower series--a PMG must see, if you haven't. There are also many members here who adore him as the eighth Dr. Who, as well. Smile
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Nicola.

This is a great place and I think you'll enjoy it.

Photoshop resources
Down East

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Warm Welcome, Nicola.
Glad to have you here.
Yes, Dealers is Hotness!
All those smoldering looks and the balloons scene!
I also like the scene in the nightclub where he's looking at the photographs and the strobe light is going on and off...
I confess, watching Paul pilot that plane makes me drool.

Check him out as Lt. Bush in the Horatio Hornblower series!
And if you like the historical drama, there's Our Mutual Friend and The Hanging Gale.
Akka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn´t sure where to post Wink but I do it here:
Hi and welcome from an German idiot, too! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: