The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fidelis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> General Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Fidelis. Reply with quote

Sometimes when I'm writing other things, I break off and borrow characters for practice when the well dries up so to speak.

I've been working on and off for about two years now on a novel about a fire investigator. Well, this guy's got a military history and I got stuck -- had some trouble with writing with the Desert Storm flashbacks; and decided, with some help from some of my LJ friends, to let Hornblower and Bush have some time in the Middle East -- for practice.... I also needed to practice some injury type angst, so... we have Bush.

And this is the result:

http://iansmomesq.livejournal.com/107782.html

It's total crack. Total crack.

Details:

Title: Fidelis
Author: Desdemona
Fandom: Hornblower
Characters: Hornblower, Bush, and a smattering of others, including Sawyer, Pellew, Buckland, Barbara Wellsley, and some outside characters.
Rating: PG-13 (some violence, language)
Description: Bush rebuilds his life after Operation Iraqi Freedom in the present while trying to piece together his memories of the past. Through his own bravery, and his friendship with his Captain, life turns around rather nicely.

Smoke it. *G* Oh yeah, it's long.
"Bush put both arms round Hornblower's shoulders and walked with dragging feet... Hornblower was the best man in the world and Bush could announce it by singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow' while lurching along the alleyway. " - Lt. Hornblower
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Down East

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this one the novel that you're writing? Or, is this one a completely different one?

I'm definately going to read this one, Dez!
I took a quick look and it looks very good.
WOW!
Thanks for the link.
Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, the novel I'm writing is completely original.... so no. That involves a fire investigator named Trey Simonson who is very swoonworthy. *Giggle*

THANK YOU for reading this, Maddy. *loves*

I hope you enjoy it!
"Bush put both arms round Hornblower's shoulders and walked with dragging feet... Hornblower was the best man in the world and Bush could announce it by singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow' while lurching along the alleyway. " - Lt. Hornblower
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> General Literature All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: