The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

URL for this 10th Planet sponsored event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Dimensions 2006
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: URL for this 10th Planet sponsored event Reply with quote

At ChicagoTARDIS this past November Big Finish director Gary Russell said Paul wants to wait five years before doing another US con, mainly because he's so afraid of boring fans when he talks about Withnail and Hornblower and not Doctor Who (ah, that man is so wrong). But if he wants to stay put in the UK, there's not much we in the US can do about it. Gary added that Paul is a mercurial guy and that one never really knows what he'll do.

However, Paul is slated to appear at Dimensions 2006, a two-day convention celebrating Doctor Who, with celebrity guests spanning the show's entire history.

Paul, Sylvester McCoy, Yee Jee Tso, and Daphne Ashbrook are the first named guests at this event scheduled to take place on November 11-12 at the Stockton on Tees Swallow Hotel. Here's the URL for booking information: http://www.tenthplanet.co.uk/dimensions/

Perhaps some of you guys will be able to attend Dimensions. PMEB listmom Steph Gould thinks she'll be able to make it. I've asked for time off for the con, too, and may be able to attend if my hubby doesn't fuss too much. Smile

Estelle
mango

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that link Estelle! Wink It would be wonderful to see Paul again! Very Happy I'm thinking of going too although that all depends on money, if I get a job and save up soon, and whether they'll let me have time off for that! Sounds brilliant though as the rest of the Doctor Who movie cast are going to be there too (apart from Eric Roberts of course). Fingers crossed!!

Linz
xxx

Avatar courtesy of Desdemona Smile
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mango wrote:
Thanks for that link Estelle! Wink It would be wonderful to see Paul again! Very Happy I'm thinking of going too although that all depends on money, if I get a job and save up soon, and whether they'll let me have time off for that! Sounds brilliant though as the rest of the Doctor Who movie cast are going to be there too (apart from Eric Roberts of course). Fingers crossed!!

Linz
xxx

Daphne Asbrook was invited to Gallifrey 2004 where Paul appeared along with Yee Jee and Sylvester McCoy but couldn't make it because she was shooting a commercial at the time. McCoy quipped that she had a real job. I think she'd be fun to meet.

Yee Jee was at ChicagoTARDIS 2004 but I didn't get a chance to talk to him. However, my son Mark and I were standing behind him in the O'Hare airport security check-in line after the con. I thought about saying hi but refrained because he was warily looking around. He seemed too jumpy for me to accost. I don't feel so shy around Paul though. Smile

BTW I loved your description of how he bought you a polaroid pic of the two of you when your mom's camera wasn't working right. And the way he signed it is so, so sweet.

Estelle
NimaGraven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to go. I was checking out train times and fares and I probably won't have the money (I lost my job two weeks ago).. Not only that but the train trip is about 4 hours and I don't drive Sad.

I would love to go though. Oh well, there's still a couple of months before it comes up..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rollyb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your job loss NimaGraven Sad
Hopefully something else will come up soon on the job front!

Dimensions is still a few months away so anything can happen!!
Good luck!
Rollande Cool
NimaGraven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so too! I've applied for a few jobs and had a couple of interviews but nothing set in stone yet.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Dimensions 2006 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: