The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ahoy Mateys by Rellan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> General Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Ahoy Mateys by Rellan Reply with quote

Ahoy Mateys

by Rellan

----I will be borrowing Librarians. (I may leave someone out. Sorry.) Prepare yourselves.---

Captain Horatio Hornblower watched his first officer stroll listlessly around the desk. Poor man. Didn't even have the will to yell at Stiles for burning breakfast. The man needed action and fast. Now, where could he find some action...

Yes, indeed. Lt. William Bush was a regular gloomy gus. Not even the thought of thrashing the French raised his spirits.

Alas and woe.

"Ah ha!" Rellan yelled as she bounced across the deck of the Librarians' Lust clashing swords with Diesel. "Almost got you that time."

"As if," sniffed Diesel before tossing her sword aside and tackling Rellan.

Emay shook her head and stepped over the now wrestling women. She headed for the poop deck noticing a mail pigeon winging its way to the ship.

Rolly stopped mending her stockings long enough to feed the bird some seeds while Bushblower snagged the letter.

Bushblower swiftly read the note then yelled, "Oi, Librarians! It's from Horatio. We have an emergency. Our Bushie is suffering terribly. He needs rescuing from the ho-hum boredom of sailor life. And a one month stay aboard the Librarians' Lust."

Akka grabbed the note and smirked. Horatio really said, Lt. Bush not himself. Could you lovely ladies manage to get yourselves into a spot of trouble so he can save you?

Oh well. Horatio was always good about loaning dear Lt. Bush out.

Every Librarian froze in horror. The Bushtush was in danger. The ladies leaped into action and soon the Librarians' Lust zoomed across the waves.

They made good time, too. At least, until they ran afoul of a nasty pirate ship.

Oh dear.

An urgent message came on board right before Captain Hornblower gave the order to get underway.

"What is this?" Hornblower said reading the message quickly. He suppressed a smug grin then gave the note to Lt. Bush.

Help. Rescue. SOS. Mayday. Save us, Bushie. We've been captured by pirates. Mean, nasty ones. And I mean nasty. Don't they ever bathe? And they have no appreciation for our sweet, delicate natures. The beasts. See you soon.

Love,
Grace and the Librarians

Horatio almost danced a jig as the fire returned to his first officer's eyes.

The loathesome pirate, who prided himself on being a dastardly villian and general scourge of the sea, took deep breaths to steady his nerves. Why him? A poke in the back from his captain's hook encouraged him to go below decks.

A vast number of glaring eyes nearly singed his beard off. He quickly handed salted meat and hard tack through the bars of the brig. Well, as quickly as he could considering how badly his hands shook.

The women were quiet. Too quiet. Ever since their capture they'd threatened hellfire, brimstone, woman scorned fury and the wrath of Lt. Bush. Now they just stared.

One of them finally spoke.

"You'd better not be rifling my Bush ruffles."

He cringed.

Another spoke up. "Or desecrating my picture of Lt. Bush."

And another. "If I find one greasy fingerprint on my Bush stockings..."

The pirate's nerve broke and he fled, the sound of 'MWAHAHAHAHAHA!' following him.

"Looks like they 'aven't sunk the Lust, sir," Stiles said hoping to get Lt. Bush's jaw to unclench just a bit.

William Bush seethed. His dear ladies subjected to who knows what horrors. The pirates would pay.

The Librarians sat in a circle whiling away the time playing Go Fish.

Diesel asked, "Do you have any 9's?"

Desdemona started to say 'go fish' when she froze. "HE's here."

The ladies let out a chorus of squees. Desdemona was never wrong when it came to the Bushsense.

Disappointingly, the pirates begged the Hotspurs to take them into custody.

If the Librarians saw Lt. Bush's pout, the deck wouldn't withstand the swooning.

"Where is my Harem?" Bush demanded.

One pirate pointed with his hook.

"If one hair on their dear, sweet, fragile heads is out of place, I'll personally hack you to pieces and feed you to the sharks." Lt. Bush snarled.

The Librarians hastily freshened themselves up as best they could. Great squeals of joy greeted the sight of their beloved Bushie.

Horatio Hornblower smiled at his crew upon hearing the shouts of 'You saved us, again, Our Sweet William.'

The crew smirked back.

One month later

"Do you really have to go?" Rellan bravely tried to stifle her sniffles.

"Please don't leave." Akka didn't want to beg but the Royal Navy got most of Bushie's time. They never got enough.

A no-longer-listless but saddened Lt. Bush hugged and kissed each Librarian. Their tearful farewells broke his heart but he had to return to the Hotspur. Somehow he knew the Crown wouldn't understand his continued absence.

The crew of the Hotspur saluted the Librarians who returned it with a volley of frilly knickers across the railing.

"If you ever need rescuing..." Bushblower called out as the BushHarem sailed away.

Lt. William Bush raised his hand to wave, then smiled and let his eyes twinkle. All of the Librarians swooned to the deck except for Emay who wasn't looking.

He gave a chuckle. "I've still got it."

The End
Akka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Im mentioned in this story! Shocked
Its the first time Im in a story! Laughing

Applause!!!!!!
Rollyb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Rell's still got it too......

Rollande Cool

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. *curtsy*

rell Very Happy
Saphira

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are a hoot, I love them! Smile
Miz Em

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hee hee! I'd forgotten how much fun these were...
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miz Em wrote:
hee hee! I'd forgotten how much fun these were...

Hey Em, it's so cool to see you here! How are things going?

Estelle
Miz Em

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emay wrote:

Hey Em, it's so cool to see you here! How are things going?

Estelle

Doing pretty well, Estelle, thanks! How are you? Looks like things are going well here. It looks fabulous!
Down East

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>And they have no appreciation for our sweet, delicate natures. The beasts.

What a hoot!

Love your yarns, Rell!!

So much fun for all....

Hi Em! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> General Literature All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: