The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few winter pics.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Photo Album
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rollyb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics Catherine! I'd love to see some of your pics of winter scenes from Central Park whenever you have them!! Very Happy

Hello Teri!!! Yes we probably did get hit by some of the same weather fronts that hit your area. Most of the big ones we've had so far originated from the States rather than the Canadian west coast. When storms come from the south we seem to get more snow. I've lost track as to how many times I've had to shovel in the past few weeks....Cabin fever hasn't set in yet because I love snowshoeing so winter doesn't seem as long.

That orange snow fence looks rather interesting..... Wink
We also have a fence separating our property from our neighbour's who have a huge lovely Maple tree on their front lawn. I used to get upset that a lot of the leaves ended up on our property and my flower garden. But now, when we mow our lawn, we just mulch everything. It's significantly cut down on our watering and our lawn and my flower garden have never looked better. Very Happy
Teri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rollande! Smile Do you snowshoe?? Mike used to do that back in the day, when we went to school up in Eau Claire. I bet that's fantastic exercise. Very Happy I use Mike's snowshoes for decorative ornamentation in the family room now. Laughing

Yeah, snow fences actually do make better leaf fences, and they should label them as such, so people like my neighbor Don there don't go wasting their hard-earned money on them. Wink

Good to see you! XO
Rollyb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my snowshoes whenever I can....however, this past week, we had a lot of rain and freezing rain. The trails have definitely deteriorated. Sad

Eau claire?? Gee... There's a place called Eau Claire not too far from here.

Rollande
Teri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rollyb wrote:

Eau claire?? Gee... There's a place called Eau Claire not too far from here.

Rollande

The one here is in the Northwestern part of WI. Smile Wisconsin was quite inundated with French Canadian fur traders back in the day, so we have many French place names here, too. Also Fond du Lac, La Crosse, Prairie du Chien, etc.-- off the top of my head.
(Your upper-midwest geography lesson for the day. Very Happy )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: