The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paul McGann on his latest TV series Collision (Oct 2009)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scribble

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Paul McGann on his latest TV series Collision (Oct 2009) Reply with quote

Liverpool actor Paul McGann on his latest TV series Collision
Oct 29 2009 by Dawn Collinson, Liverpool Echo

ACTOR Paul McGann has revealed how filming his latest TV role had eerie parallels to when he cheated death with his brother Joe.

The Scouse star, who famously played the eighth Dr Who, is about to appear in ITV1’s drama serial Collision which tells the story of a major road accident and the way it transforms the lives of those involved.

And he tells Insider that it has been bringing back some far from happy memories.

Paul and Joe were involved in a crash which nearly killed them both when they were on holiday in Spain 16 years ago.

“We flew off a bridge in a car I was driving,” he recalls.

“The car spun in the air and landed on its roof. Still every now and again I have to get chiropractic treatment for the injuries.

“I really shouldn’t have survived that accident,” adds Paul. “It was terrible. I was with my brother and the paramedics said that we were remarkably lucky, they were shaking their heads thinking ‘how on earth are you still here’.

“I remember being in a neck brace and I was in a lot of pain. I was being given these painkillers by this medic and I said to him ‘what do I do now’ and he said ‘go have a party. If that didn’t kill you this certainly won’t!’, so we did.

“We actually have some photos of me and my brother in traction having a ‘do’.”

Paul says it was only later that the shock of what had happened really set in.

“I remember weeks after when I saw my brother again bursting into tears, thinking that we could have lost each other. I have to admit if I am driving now and occasionally I find myself in exactly the same manoeuvre it comes straight back to me and it’s a weakness I have.”

Hopefully there’s no danger of him repeating his traumatic incident. Paul tells Insider he’s just taken an advanced driving course on speed awareness.
Mikoto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neck braces are no fun. I was in one after my accident. Sad

That is hella crazy about the accident. Mine wasn't nearly that bad (nor was I driving), and if the one I was in shook me up ... just ... phew ... Shocked

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG
~ Reference to Puccini/Madame Butterfly

Two for:
~ Gratuitous Doctor Who continuity
~ Overtly Messianic imagery
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
Tegan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats certainly a survival story

Years ago a friend and I were driving in National Park and had a car spin put and flip right in front of us. We were scared to see the aftermath but all occupants were totally uninjured . Guess it pays to wear seatbelts and have a bit of luck on your side
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very scary memories, indeed!

Estelle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> From 2000+ All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: