The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mikoto's costume-y pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Photo Album
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikoto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Mikoto's costume-y pics Reply with quote

Okay, so we had a fantastic little guest of honour at Anime Mid-Atlantic -- Yunmao Ayakawa, who is a cosplay idol, costume designer, reporter, race queen, maid cafe instructor ... well, if you've ever watched Jonathan Ross's Japanorama, you'll have seen her before.

Anyway, she remembers me and my gentleman friend from a couple years ago, by name, to the point of actually seeking me out and things. She is the biggest sweetie I know (by which I don't mean height ... she's tiny!) and apparently considers us some of her best friends state-side. We're the only ones she mentions by name in her blog.

Me on the left, obviously -- and trivia for you, the character I'm dressed as is the lead female from a show called GaoGaiGar ... named Mikoto. Yep, she's where my forum name comes from!

Now, since Yun-Yun is one of the few people in the world who's taken any sort of really good in-costume pics of me, here they be:

A race queen -- basically, one of those girls who holds an umbrella over F1 racers when they're in the pit. She's a real one and dared me to design my own a couple years ago. This was the result.

More Mikoto. There's actually a GaoGaiGar group of sorts, but one of the costumes is being repaired and the other ... well, the owner sort of overslept.

That's ... me ... wearing a giant carrot. I did not make this -- my gentleman friend did, and he was rather proud of it. It's from a very short scene in a show called Macross Frontier. ... yeah.

Done here for now. Embarassed

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG
~ Reference to Puccini/Madame Butterfly

Two for:
~ Gratuitous Doctor Who continuity
~ Overtly Messianic imagery
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
Tegan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome costumes Very Happy
scribble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so that's where you got 'Mikoto' from...cool! Smile

Great costumes, love the carrot. You look adorable!

Thanks for sharing,
~scribble~
Mikoto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I thought you'd appreciate a visual aid. Very Happy

The carrot was highly uncomfortable (and a bit embarrassing), but got an amazing reaction because the show it's from is very popular among anime fans right now. Yun-Yun freaked when she saw it.

I own far too many costumes ...

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG

Two for:
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your costumes!

Estelle
Mikoto

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, right, I went to a con last weekend (part one of three in Mikoto's November Constravaganza). Costumes.

Well, all right, the first is one I made for my friends' Hallowe'en party. It's an alternate holiday costume for Arin, a character from a little game called PangYa!.

Second one, Mio Akiyama from a new (i.e., on Japanese TV in the last few months) show called K-ON! (reference video here for the bored).

Finally, the record company president from the live-action film of Detroit Metal City. Offensive, shocking, noisy, hilarious, and awesome, and also has Gene Simmons.

(I was a little worried about that last one since I'm known for 'cute' ... and she's anything but cute.)

I worked too hard this con. Not doing any more costumes 'til February. Confused

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG

Two for:
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: