The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Series?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redhair_tr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: New Series? Reply with quote

When i've googling, i've found this news but it's not on imdb yet.

"Green lit Media are proud to become Associate Producers on a new feature film set in Bristol. Bourne meets Equaliser in this Bristol-based gritty Get Carter-ish revenge thriller, starring Paul McGann, Hollywood star Kelly Le Brock, Toyah Willcox with soundtrack by Daddy G Massive Attack with Robot Club. We join former SAS operative Mason and his wayward son, on a relentless crusade to track down the international drug dealers responsible for his wife and daughter’s death. Set against Bristol’s dark subterranean waterways from its slave-trade legacy, Mason discovers that there are other victims the law has failed that need his services. starring Kelly Le Brock and Paul McGann. Here is a recent interview with one of the stars as well as the writer of this gritty drama."

You can check from this url and see the interview with producers and Kelly LeBrock.

http://www.greenlitmedia.com/2008/10/3/mason
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: New Series? Reply with quote

redhair_tr wrote:
When i've googling, i've found this news but it's not on imdb yet.

This film sounds promising, and I hope it will eventually see the light of day. According to the producer, the movie will be filmed in May and, hopefully, released by Christmas.

Estelle
Mikoto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I can't wait! I'll be following production of this if I can ... do so love my movie news. Very Happy

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG
~ Reference to Puccini/Madame Butterfly

Two for:
~ Gratuitous Doctor Who continuity
~ Overtly Messianic imagery
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
Frigate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds promising! Good find redhair! It's always good to see Paul billed in a starring role too - should be lots of screen time! Very Happy
Tony: "Neither does 'Tony'."

Navy NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service 2003
Akka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UIiiiiiiihhh, seems my reply befor was too early, when I read this!
Yes, Yes, Yes, let this come true! Very Happy
Pipi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now it does look more hopeful/promising that Paul will be in this production.

www.room3agency.com/news/
www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/...sex...Kelly-LeBrock.../article.html -
Smile
scribble

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the update Pipi! (I fixed the link) Smile

It's great to learn that this project is still a go and it's exciting that Paul will play a dark and gritty role. And did I hear it correctly? The producer said in the video above that "Paul's son" (Jake?) will play "the son" in the movie? Man, I hope so. It'd be terrific to see Paul and Jake acting in some scenes together. Best of luck and success to the whole production!

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/Eighties-sex-siren-Kelly-LeBrock-Bristol/article-1057285-detail/article.html

Eighties' sex siren Kelly LeBrock in Bristol
Monday, June 08, 2009, 07:00

Kelly LeBrock, 49, set pulses racing in the Eighties, with her stunning face and to-die-for body adorning billboards, magazine covers and cinema screens across the globe.

Over the weekend, the American model-turned- actress flew in to Bristol to promote her latest film, Mason, which will be set and filmed in the city next year.

The film is the brainchild of Bristol-based producer Tim Francis, who has a wealth of experience and exposure on both sides of the camera in the UK and America.

"I got involved because I was sleeping with... no, just joking," laughed Kelly.

"Actually, I have been a fan of Tim's for some time and I had read something that he had written about Welsh miners and really loved it.

"I hadn't read anything so endearing and moving for a long time.

"A little later I met him and we became friends, and now we're working on this movie together."

In addition to Kelly, the film will star Bristol-based actor Paul McGann, former Lord Mayor of Bristol Simon Cook and singer/actress Toyah Wilcox, with a soundtrack by Massive Attack's Daddy G and Robot Club.

"I can't wait to meet the rest of the cast, including Paul who lives here in Bristol, of course.

"I'm going to be introduced to him this weekend, so I'll slap him around a little bit and let him know what he's in for."

Kelly, best-known for her roles in classic Eighties films The Women In Red and Weird Science, said: "Mason has an extraordinary team of people behind it.

"Tim Francis is about to break out – and I don't mean in acne!

"He's about to break out in the world of movies. He's so talented and just waiting to be discovered.

"Then we have this wonderful director Billy Prince who is going to make a film like no other.

"It's raw, it's fresh and it's real and I'm very proud to be a part of it.

"For me, this will be the first time that I'm able to show that I have an ability to act, other than just being boobs and bum.

"I think it's my time now.

" I took 20 years off to raise my babies, and now that they are 22, 19 and 16, I want to go back to work.

"The timing couldn't be more perfect."

Filming will start in May/June of next year and will be shot throughout Bristol, including the city's dark, former slave trade waterways.

Kelly and her fellow stars will be living in the city for the duration of filming.

"I was here in Bristol five or six months ago and I love it. I think it's a beautiful place and I'm looking forward to relocating here for a time next year."

The gritty revenge thriller, which has been described as Bourne meets Equaliser, follows the story of a man hell-bent on revenge.

"Paul McGann plays a man who is very dark – very raw and edgy – who gets drawn into the drug world that has taken the life of his wife and daughter," explained Kelly.

"His motivation is to go and get the bad guys, because his family has been destroyed, and to look after his son.

"The opening scene is something movie-goers will never have seen before, and you will never see such rawness oozing from the screen."

Kelly plays Paul McGann's downtrodden wife, who stays in the relationship for the sake of her children. "She's not happy, but she sticks around because of the kids.

"She gets killed fairly early on, which is great – I've always wanted to die on film!"

Kelly was born in New York, but was raised in the UK, hence her unique, rather beguiling transatlantic accent. Her dad was a French-Canadian who once owned his own mine, while her mum was an Irish model and housewife.

Kelly began her own career as a model at the age of 15, going on to appear on thousands of magazine covers and adverts.

She also became the face of Pantene on TV, uttering what would become the slogan of the time: "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful."

Her film debut was playing the eponymous object of Gene Wilder's desire in 1984's The Woman In Red, followed in 1985 by a starring role in John Hughes teen take on Frankenstein, Weird Science.

In the former she cut quite an iconic image as she parodied Marilyn Monroe's "wind up the dress" scene from The Seven Year Itch.

"That was one of the best experiences that anybody in the whole world could have for a first film," she beamed.

"It had Gene Wilder, who was just fantastic to work with, a great crew and the whole thing was just a wonderful experience. We had a lot of laughs on set.

"I like to laugh and to make people laugh – I've got to work on my laughter lines, it makes me stand out seeing as nobody else in Hollywood has wrinkles anymore.

"In this business, it's really important to have a sense of humour and to be able to laugh at yourself and at things around you.

"I'm sure we're going to have plenty of laughs filming in Bristol next year – despite the gritty nature of the film.

"I can't wait to get started."
Swanee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting, can't wait to see this.

scribble wrote:
And did I hear it correctly? The producer said in the video above that "Paul's son" (Jake?) will play "the son" in the movie? Man, I hope so. It'd be terrific to see Paul and Jake acting in some scenes together.

He certainly mentioned Jake, I really hope he is playing the son. Would love to see Paul and Jake acting together!
Mikoto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, getting all happy about this.

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG
~ Reference to Puccini/Madame Butterfly

Two for:
~ Gratuitous Doctor Who continuity
~ Overtly Messianic imagery
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
Tegan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very exciting Very Happy
PretentiousArtWhore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to see Paul play a badass character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Films All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: