The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings all!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biggles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Greetings all! Reply with quote

Well, considering I recently spent a whole weekend being in and around the same Westin hotel as several of you, I thought it was high time I jumped in and joined the madness here. Very Happy

Hi, I'm Biggles and yes I was at Chicago TARDIS. I'm from the area, so I didn't have very far to travel. Imagine my excitement way back in March when I found out that Paul was coming so close to where I live!

I've been a fan of Paul for some time now. I stumbled across this wonderful board a while back, but I just never got around to joining before the convention. But I know I saw quite a few of you ladies around the show, especially at the brunch. You might have seen me too--I was the girl in the blue hoodie hanging around Paul's table towards the end. I believe you were the ones who posed for that big group photo just before I asked Paul to take a picture with me.

So, how did I get McGanned? Well, I first saw Paul back when Queen of the Damned came out in theaters. Being as I am a big fan of the Vampire Chronicles, I admit I was a bit nit-picky about the movie, thus my first reaction to Paul ended up being "David Talbot was supposed to be older than that! And did he just say Marius made Lestat? WHAT?!" (Of course I neglected to tell Paul that was my first reaction to him...) But it wasn't until I saw him in Hornblower that I started taking real notice. For some reason, I always was aware of the fact that he had played the Doctor, so once I started getting into Doctor Who, I thought I might as well check out the Eight movie. As soon as I saw him as the Doctor, I was officially hooked and have been hooked ever since! And now that I've experienced just how incredibly nice he is in person, I'm sure I'll only end up loving him more! (I'm still reeling over the fact that he hugged me after we took the picture! What did I do to deserve such special treatment? I did give him one of my drawings at the autograph session on Saturday, so maybe he was thanking me for that? Or did I just get lucky?)

I'm also an artist--as you probably gathered from that last comment--and I have done a fair amount of Paul-related art which I shall be sure to post once I get it all together. The drawing I gave him was one of Liam Phelan that I'm rather proud of, so I'm glad he liked it. Eventually I'm anticipating being able to put my art to better use than just giving Paul pictures of himself. Laughing I'm hoping to write and illustrate my own books once I finish my Master's degree.

So! Long story short, I'm glad to be here and I hope to get to know you all--even though I've "met" a few of you already. Oh well, better somewhat-late than never, eh? Wink
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Greetings all! Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
I stumbled across this wonderful board a while back, but I just never got around to joining before the convention. But I know I saw quite a few of you ladies around the show, especially at the brunch. You might have seen me too--I was the girl in the blue hoodie hanging around Paul's table towards the end. I believe you were the ones who posed for that big group photo just before I asked Paul to take a picture with me.

Hi and welcome!!! I think I took a picture of you, which I can send to you, if you wish. I'm glad you've joined us! And it's cool that you got to experience Paul in person--he is so nice. The picture you gave him sounds wonderful, and I look forward to seeing your work.

Estelle

Last edited by emay on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
msandusky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Sorry we missed you at Chicago TARDIS, there were a number of Librarians there.
Biggles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome--both of you! Very Happy

Yep, that's me! I was pretty sure someone else took a picture of us because I thought I saw another flash go off. Thanks for sharing your copy, Estelle! And I will post my art very soon.

I figured there were a bunch of you there, but I didn't know who was who at the time. Knowing me, I would have gone up and started talking to someone who had no idea what the Library was!
scribble

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Biggles, and welcome! Smile

It's great that you got to meet Paul and that's a very nice picture of the both of you!

Hope you enjoy your visits here; there's definitely a lot of goodies to check out. Wink And I'm looking forward to seeing your artwork as well.

~scribble
Biggles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks scribble! Very Happy

I'm sure I'll enjoy visiting here, and I'm sure I'll enjoy checking out the goodies too!

And the artwork will be forthcoming momentarily...
Tegan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Biggles,

I wasn't at Chicago Tardis but welcome to the mad house Very Happy
Biggles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome, cat! Very Happy
Pipi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Biggles,

sorry i missed meeting you in Chicago. there were a number of people i did not have the chance to meet Sad (i was lucky to have had the split second to meet and greet Paul.)
and incidentlly, welcome.
Biggles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pipi! Thanks for the welcome. Smile

Yes, I know I missed quite a few people at Chicago TARDIS too. Maybe next time, hopefully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: