The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McGann doll image heavy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Water Cooler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DollyKim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: McGann doll image heavy Reply with quote

He's in your shoe box partying with your Barbies.

The easiest way to start is with a figure known as Roger the Royal Marine by a company called Dragon. He's been well documented on another site in several incarnations. There's another fellow the RMP by a company called Barrack Sergeant who has a wonderful far away angsty look to him.

The fellows as they were made, Roger is on the left, the RMP on the right. I opted to go with the RMP, having a like for mature male sculpts. The first step was to swap heads. The RMP is on the beautiful Dragon body suitable for reinacting The Rainbow.

Just like Paul he needs a wig. This is Apoxie Sculpt doing what is does best. Tok the better part of the morning which involved watching the TV movie again, looking at screen captures, and all sorts of unpleasant activities.

The Eight Doctor infront of the Tardis. I believe #4 is responsible for the sign on the door Razz Alas this dear little Tardis fell victim to a fat box squashing cat. Will show how to make one when I make the replacement.

The Doctor ready to have his hearts checked. I think he's contractually obligated to either take his shirt off, wear a wig, or a uniform, or period clothing in everything he does.
scribble

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how that doll looks so much like Paul to begin with. Did you also sew the clothes? That's some wonderful detailed work!

Thanks for sharing these! Smile
DollyKim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't do the trousers, those are from a Ken doll. This isn't his final outfit, just a make shift. Yeah, when I saw the BS guy I flipped. Getting him turned out great as his body is being used by Spider-Man. I feel a bit sorry for the Roger head without a tush but that will get fixed. These dolls can be a commitment, but don't we all need a little Paul to cuddle and love?

I'm working on a new Tardis as we speak, watching the paint dry, and #8 isn't alone, in one form or another I have the first 10 Doctors. #4 http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs194.snc1/6535_1116336432565_1351599781_30465012_1869175_n.jpg and 2 #10s, the one in the suit was done by the same sculptor as #4 http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs194.snc1/6535_1116336472566_1351599781_30465013_4228885_n.jpg A better #2 is my next project.
DollyKim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the Doctor! I travel in Time and Space, and recycling bins

Went to a doll meet today with some Time Lord fans who were impressed to see a #8. Couldn't resist snapping a pic in the "TARDIS parking only" zone Razz
DollyKim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to get dramatic with the Duck Tape TARDIS door

And taking a hint from Joe's part in the Scousers, a fight break has been called because someone needs the Doctor!
DollyKim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, I got that stuffy coat off, now for the waistcoat.

Seriously, his middle name is holdstilldamnit. Things are progressing well for a book of clothing patterns, thus his new waistcoat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Water Cooler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: