The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McGann Library linked to ChicagoTARDIS 2004 retrospective

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> ChicagoTARDIS 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: McGann Library linked to ChicagoTARDIS 2004 retrospective Reply with quote

This is another resuscitated thread from the EZ Board Library. I though it worthy of reposting because it was all intact, for one, and Estelle also provided some nice links to the ChicagoTARDIS site, which referred to the McGann Library in it's retrospective of the 2004 con. Very Happy Many of Estelle's wonderful con pics were also included in the retrospective, which are viewable by using the second link she posted further down with Paul's 'brunch pic'.

(Thread originally started on 5/17/05 6:43 pm)

Estelle wrote:
Jennifer Adams Kelly referred to the Library in her CT2004 wrap-up, saying, "Offsite, The McGann Library has several pages of member reviews and photos of the convention, naturally concentrating on Paul's panels and appearances." You can see this bit at
http://chicagotardis.com/ct2k4.htm

Another con goer's review is also posted, and he says this about Paul: "Paul McGann was such a wonderful guest. He was so outgoing and mischievous. My wife nearly fainted when he snuck in behind us during the Thursday Guest Star panel. He was so warm and talkative that it's hard to believe that he hasn't been doing conventions for years and years. We can't wait for his return."

So, Paul was lurking around on Thursday?

Estelle

ltgusher wrote:
And what exactly were we doing while Paul was lurking around?

That sneaky Jason, telling us Paul wasn't arriving til Friday, when he was really lurking around the whole time!

Hey, there weren't any panels on Thursday, were there?
Do ya suppose Paul really was at the social, watching, listening, lurking, and we didn't notice him???

We didn't say anything ultra naughty, did we?
Oh, it's us, of course we did!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

The man must have gotten his days wrong, huh?

Rollyb wrote:
Quote:So, Paul was lurking around on Thursday?

The little devil.......must have been hiding behind a plant or something while he was checking us out. Do you think he just wanted to make sure that we were not a bunch of crazed fangirls perhaps??:shifty
Rollande:cool

Estelle wrote:
Quote:Do ya suppose Paul really was at the social, watching, listening, lurking, and we didn't notice him???

I don't think there was that huge a crowd in which to lose him, was there?

Quote:The man must have gotten his days wrong, huh?

Maybe so. Anyway on Friday when PM was chatting with us, he said he'd just arrived from the airport. And when I came up with Mark and Cathy W. for a piccy, he told me again that yeah he just arrived in Chicago a little while before. At opening ceremonies and during the Big Finish meet-and-greet, he kept converting local time into UK time, saying the latter was the time it really was for him.

Estelle

Teri wrote:
Not to mention Paul was describing his son's birthday goings ons (the South African restaurant) of the night before, when he was chatting with us in the bar Friday. I'm sure the guy got his days mixed up--for some reason I still get the Sunday and Monday mixed up there--because it seemed like I should've been gone by Monday, you know? Sometimes I have to even go back to the program as a frame of reference for what went on when.

You're in such a veritable la-la land at these cons, it's an easy thing to do!

Teri

Mildlybatty wrote:
Quote:Another con goer's review is also posted

OMIGOD!! I just read the report posted at Chicago TARDIS and I know this guy's wife!! We both work at the same library! I didn't realize that there was a Dr. Who collection upstairs, I guess I'm going to have to go check it out! I knew she was a big Buffy fan, but I had no idea about Dr. Who!

Quote:I am so proud of my wife's work. There are not many academic librarians working to preserve this stuff for posterity. It's nice for me to know as a fan that thanks to her and these fantastic people, future scholars and fans will be able to come to the Northern Illinois University Rare Books and Special Collections Room to research and enjoy these works.

Estelle wrote:
All together now: It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all.

Perhaps we can add some artifacts to the Who collection. Smile

Estelle

Estelle wrote:
The ChicagoTARDIS 2004 wrap-up now includes piccies. See
http://chicagotardis.com/2004photos.htm

Jennifer also used this picture I had of Paul from the brunch:

Akka wrote:
Urkkssss :pat this pic is so..... hes looking soo relaxed!:love

Thanks also for the link, Estelle! Now I can see more from around there! Smile
Tegan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my hands on a dvd from Chicago Tardis talks. The convo where India interviews him is hilarious!

If anyone would like a copy please pm me (hehe get it) as I'll be duping copies soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> ChicagoTARDIS 2004 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: