The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paul at New York Comic Con Oct. 8-10, 2010 (CANCELLED!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> The Bulletin Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scribble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Paul at New York Comic Con Oct. 8-10, 2010 (CANCELLED!) Reply with quote

From Who York Facebook Page

Paul is scheduled to appear at NYCC on Friday, Oct 8 - Sunday, Oct 10! Very Happy

He'll be at the Doctor Who Store booth #2970 all weekend. He'll be signing etc. but will only be there until 1pm on Sunday afternoon. His appearance is sponsored by doctorwhostore.com .

Last edited by scribble on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Tegan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

part of the 2010 World Tour ; )
Begonia8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can WALK to this!!!!! Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Tegan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well get your boots on ; )
scribble

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest event by Who York . If you don't feel like braving the crowds at the Javits Centre, this is a fantastic opportunity to meet Paul... Very Happy

An Evening with the 8th Doctor: Paul McGann

Saturday October 9th, 2010 at Stone Creek Lounge, on E 27th Street from 7.00pm

We are incedibly excited to announce that the 4th Who York Event will feature none other than the 8th Doctor himself:

Mr. Paul McGann!!!

Who York is delighted to be able to bring Paul to New York City, for what we plan to be another wonderful event.

We'll be hosting a Q&A panel session, and there will be an autograph session (see details below) and
possibly a surprise or two - as I hope you have come to expect from our previous SOLD OUT Who York events!!!

We have room for around 50 people in total, so this will naturally be a more intimate event than most conventions you may have attended.

Entrance is $20 per person in advance. This is to cover our expenses.Food and drink at the bar is "pay as you go", and please eat and drink
and tip well, to show the generous people at Stone Creek Lounge your appreciation and to thank them for their support.

Autograph Policy: To make this event possible, Who York will need to charge for autographs at this event. Paul will sign a personal item
for $20 each. He will also have pictures available for signing at $25 each, which will be signed for free!

Everything we do at Who York is run by fans for fans, as a "for fun" enterprise. We really hope you can join us for Paul's first appearance in New York for several years!

We would like to thank DoctorWhoStore.com for their help and support in putting on this event.

emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what CT organizer Jennifer Adams Kelley posted about the event on the ChicagtoTARDIS yahoo list:

Hey, all-- and especially you East Coasters! Did you miss Paul McGann
at Chicago TARDIS last year? Or do you want to see him again? Well,
here's your chance!

Paul McGann will be appearing at New York Comic Con on October 8-10!!!!

This is McGann's first New York appearance ever. He'll be signing
things and posing for photos with fans all three days (times t.b.a.
later) at the Doctor Who Store booth (#2970). If you're going to the
Comic Con, be sure to stop by and say "hi" to both McGann and to our
con chair, Gene Smith, whose booth it is.

If I weren't on call that weekend, I'd probably go and visit my son, Patrick, too.

Cat, I hope you get to see Paul at this event!

Estelle
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scribble wrote:
The latest event by Who York . If you don't feel like braving the crowds at the Javits Centre, this is a fantastic opportunity to meet Paul... Very Happy

At last year's CT, there was talk of having a New York Who con with Paul in May 2010. This must be that event, just delayed a few months.

Estelle
scribble

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:
Paul's appearances in NYCC and the Q&A/signing/photo session on Sat. Oct. 9 have been CANCELLED.

Message on Who York FB:

Due to circumstances beyond our control, Paul is unfortunately unable to travel to NYC for Comic Con anymore, and so this event has to, reluctantly be cancelled.

Paul apologizes to all his fans out there, and promises to come to NYC next year for an event.

Frigate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you believe your rotten luck Cat?!? So sorry for everyone who had made plans - just have to postpone until next year, eh? Noticed he wasn't doing TARDIS this year either - which just won't be quite the same without him either. Isn't that one big enough that he could/should do that every time? I'm sure he's amply compensated for the trip and the crowds would have to be bigger for them as well with his attendance.
Tony: "Neither does 'Tony'."

Navy NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service 2003
Begonia8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh! FUZZBUTTONS! Crying or Very sad Finally get an event I can walk to and Paul's appearance gets cancelled. I was just about to order weekend passes for both Simon and myself! Oh well, these things are never guaranteed, anyway. *sigh* Thanks for giving us the update, scribble! At least, I found out BEFORE I ordered the passes. Maybe, next time. *sigh*

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> The Bulletin Board All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: