The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest Eight Acquisitions and-Oh WOW!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Eighth Doc Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Begonia8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Latest Eight Acquisitions and-Oh WOW! Reply with quote

On 5 July, I ordered several new Eighth Doctor goodies, from two different websites. So I was quite surprised and overjoyed when everything from both places arrived on Monday, the 12th! And everything was in excellent condition!

From Alien Entertainment, I got 'Short Trips", both the book and the audio cassette. I particularly wanted that one because it has 'The Model Train Set' and I've been wanting to read that story for ages! I've had Carolyn Edwards' beautiful print inspired by the story for several years now. I also got 'The Face Eater'. I hadn't read that one since my old public library days and am very glad to finally have my own copy!

BUT...BUT...the 'Jewel in THIS Crown' was what I got from Amazon - 'REGENERATION' in HARD COVER! AND...AND...SIGNED BY GARY RUSSELL! Beautiful book! Wonderful pictures! I've hardly been able to put it down! I've wanted that book for so long. Well worth the wait! Very Happy

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor

Last edited by Begonia8 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biggles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice purchases! Very Happy

I too had been looking for "Regeneration" for ages. Then I finally found a hard-cover copy in a used book store, and oddly enough it was also signed by Gary Russell! But believe it or not, that wasn't my best find of the day because I also found a copy of the making of the Big Finish audios book and a copy of one of the Big Finish scripts books--AND BOTH OF THEM WERE SIGNED BY PAUL AND INDIA!! Shocked I darn near passed out on the floor when I saw that! The idea that books autographed by Paul were just sitting on a shelf in a used book store is almost a crime! Wink
Begonia8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Paul AND India! Well done! Very Happy My copy of 'Regeneration' is in near mint condition, but I think I should start haunting the used bookshops! I've got things Paul autographed for me at conventions I've been to - and that's an experience to cherish for life, but to find something at a used bookshop like that seems so unique, so unexpected. Like finding a perfect diamond in a pile of carbon. Smile

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Biggles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know! Obviously I treasure the experience of getting my autograph from Paul in person, but it was still amazing to find those. I couldn't believe someone would just give them away! The employees told me that someone had inherited a ton of Doctor Who stuff but since they weren't fans, they didn't want any of it. Guess they just had no idea what they had! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Eighth Doc Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: