The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Girl Scout Cookies!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite Girl Scout Cookie?
Thin Mints
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Caramel Delights
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Peanut Butter Patties
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Peanut Butter Sandwiches
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Thanks-A-Lot's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lemon Pastry Cremes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Trefoils
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (specify)
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

miss silly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And they are yummy. I like to break them into pieces and scoop up blobs of chocolate ice cream with them:

Mmm, the water is running into my mouth reading this. It is time for me to set off to the supermarket and buy some supplies.
I do love another kind ot italian cookies. They're round and small, taste like almonds and are very crispy. They melt on your tongue. Can't remember their name right now. I don't mean cantuccini.
I'd better run off to the kitchen and cook my diner before I forget myself and go wild with those cookies Wink

Sylvia
Paulgirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miss silly wrote:

I do love another kind ot italian cookies. They're round and small, taste like almonds and are very crispy. They melt on your tongue. Can't remember their name right now.

Amaretti?

Gosh, I usually make those for Christmas, but I didn't bake this past year.

Denise
miss silly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, amaretti, that's their name. Very Happy
You really make them yourself? I must try them once, I love to bake.

Sylvia
Paulgirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miss silly wrote:
Yes, amaretti, that's their name. Very Happy
You really make them yourself? I must try them once, I love to bake.

Sylvia

I do indeed-they're very easy to make. I was just about to pack up my cookbooks for my move next week when I saw your post, but dug out my recipe first. Like I said, very easy.

Amaretti (Almond Macaroons)

1/2 pound blanched almonds

4 drops bitter almond oil (I buy mine at the pastry supplies section of my craft store, but some supermarkets carry it, too.)

3/4 cup granulated sugar (this is just table sugar for those outside the US)

2 egg whites

1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.

Finely grind blanched almonds, in batches, using a hand grinder, blender or food processor. Be careful they don't turn into a paste.

combine almonds with almond oil, sugar and lightly beaten egg whites. Knead mixture into a firm dough.

With moistened hands, form dough into 1-inch diameter balls (about 45 balls). Place balls at least 1 inch apart on a baking sheet covered with baking parchment, using a second baking sheet if needed. Place baking sheet on bottom rack of oven and bake for about 55 to 60 minutes.

Transfer baked cookies to a wire rack. Using a fine sieve, dust cookies with confectioners' sugar while warm.

Yummy, yummy. They get crispy as they cool. Store in an airtight container. My grandmother used to put two cookies together with jam sometimes.

Denise
Akka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment: drool
miss silly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do indeed-they're very easy to make. I was just about to pack up my cookbooks for my move next week when I saw your post, but dug out my recipe first. Like I said, very easy.

Thank you so much for your recipe Denise Very Happy . And I apologize for answering so late. I suddenly decided to spend my last week off with friends and relatives, so I haven't been in the library for more than a week.
I hope the removal to your new home was a succes. i know what a lot of work that can be.

Sylvia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: