The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Members -- Show us your pics!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Photo Album
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Members -- Show us your pics! Reply with quote

I thought I'd start a thread so we can show what we all look like. Here are some pictures of me and my hubby from our wedding!

"Bush put both arms round Hornblower's shoulders and walked with dragging feet... Hornblower was the best man in the world and Bush could announce it by singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow' while lurching along the alleyway. " - Lt. Hornblower
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So pretty! And a good idea for a thread!

Jenn requested I repost my pictures from Halloween at work last year when, with inspiration from the Library, I dressed as a flapper (like Paul's own favorite Louise Brooks). I got 2nd prize (which was $10 I think.) Actually... these pictures are kind of embarrassing. I wanted to look so much better, more glamorous, more beautiful and decadent and sultry and 1920's-ish. I wish I'd put a lot more eye makeup on, and darker lipstick, but it really felt like it was CAKED on! I want another try! I also couldn't stop laughing while we were taking pictures. I just have to admit it - I'm a silly munchkin, not a glamourous femme fatale like Louise! Very Happy

This is the one that Suz put in Paul's card. Embarassed Laughing

And here's me looking more normal at work, treating North Carolina's original copy of the Bill of Rights! (I'm an art conservator.)

(Psst, hey Jenn. On my apron I'm wearing a sticker with a caterpillar that says "Way to go!" Very professional. You might see it again soon. Wink )
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a picture I took of Em and Rob Shearman at the recent Gally con:

And here's one that Em took of me with Rob and Nick Briggs:

Estelle
Grace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, those are so cute! And that's the shirt that Magda designed, right? But I can't remember who the shirt was for...
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace wrote:
Oh, those are so cute! And that's the shirt that Magda designed, right? But I can't remember who the shirt was for...

Yes, Magda designed this shirt, too, for Gary Russell. I think our t-shirt ventures are likely at an end, but they were a lot of fun to do.

Estelle
Teri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenn, I just love your wedding pics. That was all just so perfect. *SIGH* Oh that's the Mark you were talking about!! Wink *g*

Yay--Grace reposted her flapper pics! Very Happy The Library wouldn't be the Library without those, no siree Bob. You would've given Louise a run for her money back in the day, hon'! Wink I'm wondering what Paul thought of the one you put in the Ascension card. Surprised

Gosh, look at Rob and how much weight he's lost! He is such a cutie--and those curls... *sigh* And Estelle, look at your dimples! I don't know which is cuter--Rob's curls or your dimples! Laughing Looks like you guys had a smashing time of it, though.

Well, since it's almost St. Pat's, I was going to post this on my 'Blarney' thread with some other shots of the place I'm in, but I can't find the others. What does it have to do with 'Irish blarney' you ask? Well barely anything, aside from the fact that I'm in a place called 'Houligan's' where I tended bar for four years in college in Eau Claire, WI. This was on Halloween in 1979 Surprised when I dressed as 'Marilyn'--I was all of 22. (The guy is someone I worked with.) I thought I'd post it here just for fun. My mom has a version of it where I'm looking into the camera with the Marilyn 'pout' which I've been trying to get from her--I'll add it if I get it.

emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:

My God, Teri, you look fab as Marilyn!!

Estelle
Teri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who wouldn't at 22! Laughing
Desdemona

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMGMARILYNTERI!!!!

You look amazing in that photo!!!

wow! Shocked Shocked
"Bush put both arms round Hornblower's shoulders and walked with dragging feet... Hornblower was the best man in the world and Bush could announce it by singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow' while lurching along the alleyway. " - Lt. Hornblower
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Teri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An inch of make-up, a pair of false eyelashes, and one hair appointment later, too... Wink

What's funny, is even though Houligan's wasn't (isn't--it's still there) a 'gay bar', because of the beautiful brass/wainscotting decor, it attracted a fair amount of gay men--and they were on me like flies that night, because you know how gay men feel about Marilyn! They were probably fantasizing me as a Marilyn crossdresser, or something like that--which, you know, at the tender age of 22 completely weirded me out at the time. Laughing Oi.

It was a fun night, though. I didn't win the employee costume contest though--another guy bartender dressed as a tourist on vacation nightmare (sunburn, inner-tube, snorkel, zinc-oxided nose...) won instead. Confused
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:

Not me, Teri! Anyway, Rob was very sweet to say that he thought I was around his age (36) and was surprised when I said I was, ahem, 52.

Estelle
Diesel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Wauw Teri! That is you? What a pic! Very beautiful Cool . And uhm.. at 22 i never looked anything remotely like Marilyn...

Diesel
Aries; we are taught that man most loves and admires the domestic type of woman, this is one of the roaring jokes of history. The breakers of hearts, the queens of romance, the goddesses of a thousand devotees have NOT been cooks.........
Teri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Debby--but you know what a lot of 'stagey' makeup can do for a girl... Wink

I was really more proud of the dress--as a starving college student I tramped off to K-Mart and found the perfect cheap dress--on the bottom, but with a blousen top and long sleeves for the top. I cut the whole top off and sewed the sash from the existing bodice, and used the sleeves for the two halter parts--and ṿila! Seven Year Itch, Marilyn over-the-subway-grate dress! Very Happy
Grace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
Thanks Debby--but you know what a lot of 'stagey' makeup can do for a girl... Wink

I was really more proud of the dress--as a starving college student I tramped off to K-Mart and found the perfect cheap dress--on the bottom, but with a blousen top and long sleeves for the top. I cut the whole top off and sewed the sash from the existing bodice, and used the sleeves for the two halter parts--and ṿila! Seven Year Itch, Marilyn over-the-subway-grate dress! Very Happy

Wow, very impressive, converting that dress!!! And WOW, VERY IMPRESSIVE looking at you!!! You're gorgeous!!! ARE, mind, not WERE. I know you could do it again now. Shocked Very Happy Cool
Teri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Grace. You're too kind. Smile

I think my 'Marilyn' days are behind me, though. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: