The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Members -- Show us your pics!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Photo Album
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Down East

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooo, love all those pics, everyone!

Jenn, that must have been such a fantastic wedding! Wow! You look stunning! Does hubby ever wear his kilt around the house?

Grace, I just love those pics! The second one is my favorite, because you have beautiful eyes and should make much of them! They're all so cool. You should do another set of the Louise look. You can be in my next movie.

Estelle, good to see the gang together again! Great pics...tell us about all the fun you guys had, on your Galley thread. No...errr....trees spontaneously meeting up with cars this time, I expect. Wink

Teri, you wild-woman! You've got Moxy, girl, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! It must have been a lot of fun. You look as ravishing as MM herself!

Thanks everyone, for these great pics.
Down East

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Chicago Tardis 2004 - Doc Who Poster Pic--Hey, I almost got the Doc Who Doo! Need more curls....

2008 edit: my Paintings not on new photo host

Diego Rivera's Day of the Dead
http://www.fbuch.com/murals.htm

Last edited by Down East on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:46 am; edited 2 times in total
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love The Day of the Dead painting Maddy. The Day of the Dead is one of my favorite Holidays. I know it sounds very morbid to people that don't come from Mexico, but it really is a wonderful Holiday. It's origins are in the pre-Hispanic harvest festivals and it really is a time to celebrate those who have come before us.

I make a point of decorating the house not only with Halloween decorations, but with stuff like we would back home and the kids really get into it now.

Photoshop resources
Down East

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it too, Gaby. It's a beautiful Holiday, it's not morbid to have a day to honor those who have passed. A sort of counterpart for some traditional North Americans (mostly nuns) and European Catholics is All Saints Day. Someday, I'd like to visit Mexico and just take it all in.

Rivera has some amazing works, gorgeous paintings and so much in his murals. I love Mexican art (and music---and food!) I also love the prints of Jose Posada....

I've been so tempted to buy the Sergei Eisenstein dvd "Que Viva Mexico." Or, what he managed to get on film, it wasn't completed, I read. I've seen some stills from it and it looks gorgeous. They say it's a stunner, timeless.
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down East wrote:
I love it too, Gaby. It's a beautiful Holiday, it's not I've been so tempted to buy the Sergei Eisenstein dvd "Que Viva Mexico." Or, what he managed to get on film, it wasn't completed, I read. I've seen some stills from it and it looks gorgeous. They say it's a stunner, timeless.

I've never heard of it but I shall ask my brother because he probably has. I really trust his opinion so I'll ask him what he's thought of it if he has.

Photoshop resources
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE, I love your photos and your paintings. Wow!! You guys are all so talented!!!

During one of the sessions at Gally, Nick Briggs asked me how many photos I'd taken. Later he said he wasn't bothered by my shutterbug endeavors but just wondered whether all my pics were of Jason Haigh-Ellery. LOL

Estelle
Teri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics, Maddy! And you do have the Doc's hair--I never noticed that! (Only yours is the way it should've looked Wink...) Did you end up getting the poster, btw? Or did Karin? I hadn't noticed at the con that the poster was actually for Mysterious Theater 337, which was hilarious. Guess I was a little 'distracted'--by what I couldn't say Cool...

So what are Stan and Ollie really like? Are they as slapsticky in person as they are on screen? *g* Love the statues--are they permanent, or just there for the fair? (Is the Fryeburg (Agricultural) Fair where you live?)

Your goose painting is beautiful! 'Was working on'? Is it unfinished at this point?

I sound like the annoying neighbor kid who won't shut up with all the questions--sorry Confused but thanks for posting these, Maddy!
Down East

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I think someone other than a librarian got the poster. Can't remember WHO!

Stan and Ollie are very sweet, but they often get into a thick of trouble. I think the statues go with the vendor (tent) where they were standing. The Fryebug fair is about a half hour southwest, the biggest ag fair in Maine.

Mr Goose is unfinished at this point. Hard to set up all my paints and then have to break it all down--becuase it's in a bedroom! Well, now that the weather is better, I can set up outside. The smell of turps in the house, though I grew up with the smell as familiar and "home-like" as baking bread or perking coffee to some, everyone isn't as keen on it as me. Wink
Akka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Maddy! Just a short thanks for your piccies! Cool
NicolaSix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Here's me (I'm a newbie) Reply with quote

Sorry if I look like a horrid model wannabe... but sometimes when I'm stressed out I bathe myself in makeup and take pictures of myself. A somewhat strange and narcissistic hobby but pretty harmless Rolling Eyes [img]http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i37/NicolaSix/?action=view&current=feb10.jpg [/img]
Teri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nicola! Smile

I think your pic isn't showing (even though we can follow the link) because of that one tiny space on the end of the URL and your last image tag (between the 'jpg' and the [/img] ) on the end of it. If you click on 'EDIT' at the top of your post, and go back in and close that space up, your pic will probably show up.

{EDIT}--I just followed the link to your pic, Nicola--you are very beautiful! Not a horrible model wannabe at all! Laughing You do a beautiful job with your make-up, too, is that something you want to do for a living?

Teri
NicolaSix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the help! And thank you for the compliments. I'd love to be able to do it professionally. I'm in Law School though and would feel so guilty to drop it for going around painting people's faces!
NicolaSix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i37/NicolaSix/?action=view&current=feb10.jpg[/img]
NicolaSix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

Didn't work Sad
Teri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if you have to actually be a registered member to post pics. Shocked You are posting as a 'guest' (under your username), and that may be why the pic's not working, because the URL part is fine--when I paste it in my address bar, it takes me to your album. The image tags aren't working for some reason. Confused

I'll ask Estelle, or you can PM her yourself if you want (I think--not sure, if you're not registered) from the member's list and ask her. Or f you don't know how to register and want to, let me know, I'll try and talk you through it! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: