The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Paul Character Portraits
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulgirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: My Paul Character Portraits Reply with quote

These were all done for British Mercury, that late great Paulzine of happy memory. Except for the last one, which is a line drawing I did to accompany "The Abiding Heart," which was my OMF fanfic.

Paul as Cariani-the drawing's a lot clearer than the video!

Lt. Bush-I'm not the happiest with this one, but it's okay. Just okay.

Father Liam-I think this one went with a poem I'd written originally.

This wasn't any particular character, just a portrait of Paul to celebrate 2000

And the line drawing from "The Abiding Heart." It's one of four I'd done before I got bored. Laughing

Enjoy Smile

Denise
Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely gorgeous, Denise.

As Black Hound/Crazed Ferret always says, Paul has the face that is the artist's dream. I can certainly tell from your portraits.

And can I just say.... OMG EYES!!!!!!!!!

*falls over. dead*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drbillbongo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GOD, these are yours???
The Bush pic you said you're not happy with is hanging at my living room wall!!! Shocked It's absolutely brilliant and I love it to bits - and it has gained many compliments from visitors! Smile

The Cariani pic is wonderful. I got goosebumps just looking at it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Paulgirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbillbongo wrote:
My GOD, these are yours???
The Bush pic you said you're not happy with is hanging at my living room wall!!! Shocked It's absolutely brilliant and I love it to bits - and it has gained many compliments from visitors! Smile

Really? How long have you had it? Yup, they're all mine-I don't have any of the originals anymore, they were auctioned off in various charities.

I just found another one:

This has always been my favorite, mainly because Eugene Wrayburn was destined to be my One True Love. My favorite, *favorite* Paul character of all time.

Denise
Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh! Eugene!

Wow.... Denise that's a breathtaking portrait of that loveable cad.

I'm speechless -- and I say again.... OMG EYES -- DENISE THEY'RE GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drbillbongo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh! I don't know who Eugene is (forgive my ignorance), but you have an incredible talent!!! *stares at eyes*

Paulgirl wrote:
Really? How long have you had it? Yup, they're all mine-I don't have any of the originals anymore, they were auctioned off in various charities.

Well, it's no original, I just printed it out because I wanted my flat to look a bit nicer and Bush is certainly an improvement. I've had it for... let's say... half a year?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Teri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Denise, your work is amazing. I'd only seen the Cariani portrait before, but the rest are breathtaking--Eugene, especially! His entire essence is right there, in that portrait.

Do you do any illustration work? Because you should. (Unless you'd consider that 'selling out'. Wink ) Thank you so much for posting more of your work--I had no idea there was so much to see! What a treat to have some beautiful Paul artwork again here, by one of our members. Smile

drbillbongo wrote:
Ooooh! I don't know who Eugene is (forgive my ignorance), but you have an incredible talent!!!

Eugene Wrayburn is the lead male character in Charles Dickens' Our Mutual Friend (that's him in my avatar, as well). Paul played Eugene in a 1998 BBC produced mini-series adaptation of the same HERE. It's undeniably one of his best roles (he doesn't play Eugene so much as he is Eugene), although it receives far less attention than some of his other roles.

You should check it out! Smile It's usually available at local libraries, and for purchase online, as well. It's a long one (four parts), and Paul's only onscreen for about half of it, but when he is on, it's 'cherce'. Wink
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denise, thank you so much for posting your drawings. I love seeing them again! They're all brilliant.

Estelle
drbillbongo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teri wrote:
Eugene Wrayburn is the lead male character in Charles Dickens' Our Mutual Friend (that's him in my avatar, as well). Paul played Eugene in a 1998 BBC produced mini-series adaptation of the same HERE. It's undeniably one of his best roles (he doesn't play Eugene so much as he is Eugene), although it receives far less attention than some of his other roles.
You should check it out! Smile It's usually available at local libraries, and for purchase online, as well. It's a long one (four parts), and Paul's only onscreen for about half of it, but when he is on, it's 'cherce'. Wink

Thanks for the info! Smile I'm sure I won't be able to get it in Germany - most people here don't even know who Paul is Shocked - but I'll keep a sharp eye! Very Happy Definitely sounds interesting!
Rollyb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful drawings Denise!!! Absolutely breathtaking!!
You truly possess a special gift and talent and hopefully we will see more of your work sometime in the future.
Rollande Cool
Down East

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, Denise.

The eyes! The color! The expressions!

Thanks for reposting these, so Paul fans can see them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am once again in awe of your talent. Words fail me. Wow.

Mona

PS - that Eugene portrait.....WOWZA!
PiscesSiren

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denise you are such a wonderful artist! That Eugene Wrayburn is exquisite! And I am so loving the Mr. Bush and the Cariani one!

I am in AWE of your talent, too! Take a bow!

Robert Frost
Tallulah-Belle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!!! Love the Eugene Pictures!
Saphira

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I've been wary of "fan art" for a while, because so much of what I've seen just isn't very good (not that I should talk, being unable to draw a decent stick figure), but wow, your work is AMAZING. Really, truly fabulous!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Fine Art All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: