The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petra's cool pics of London and Bristol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Photo Album
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Petra's cool pics of London and Bristol Reply with quote

Big Ben:

Buckingham Palace:

Hyde Park with a view of the London Eye:

Another view of the London Eye:

A Guard:

Union Jacks seen on the road to Buckingham Palace:

The stern of the SS Great Britain out of Bristol:

The bow of the the SS Great Britain:

The upper skylight of the SS Great Britain:

The bow of the Great Britain in Bristol harbor:

Windsor Castle with a sightseeing bus:

Windsor Tower with garden:

Big Windsor Tower:

A ship's figurehead:

Bristol harbour:

Motor boats in Bristol harbour:

Thank you for letting me post all these great pictures, Petra! Very Happy

Estelle
MrsBush

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Well done Estelle! Reply with quote

Hello Estelle,

thanks a lot for helping me to send of few pics of my last Britain trip in June to your Photoalbum. I had a wonderful voyage and it was a pleasure to visit my former guest family (from my former pupils exchange as I was a teenager). I liked it so much - and there is so much to see - that I want to visit Britain in autumn again. And as you see I had the best weather - no rain, no fog, but sunny and warm. So I hope to send you all some photos next time again!

Bye the way, the SS Great Britain is a combined sail- and Motorship with 6 (!) masts and was built in Bristol harbour from Mr. Brunel - Launch in 1843 - and came back to his "place of birth" in a very bad condition from the Falkland Islands in 1970. Till this time a private association restore it year for year and made a museum out of her. She is not the HMS Victory, but she is also very, very beautiful and a big ship which has so much stories to tell from his long working life. If you are interested for more details please look out for www.ssgreatbritain.org
It is an amazing museum which I want to visit next time again!

Hope you enjoy to pictures as much as myself!

Petra
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SS Great Britain looks lovely.

You are right about the amount of stuff there is to see in the UK. I have only been three times so I still have lots of stuff I want to do and see.

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Photoshop resources
Begonia8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Petra and Estelle for these gorgeous pictures!

And, yes, they ALL make me even more homesick! But
very happy to see them! They are beautiful!

Catherine xx

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Akka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures, thanks Petra and Estelle for sharing us!
Is it just my eye mistake or do the Big Ben looks a bit like the tower of Pisa? Cool Wink Cool
miss silly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the beautiful pictures.
I have visited England often, but only went once to London.
A visit to London is still on my wish-list: now on a higher place than before I saw your pictures. You must have had a wonderful time.

Sylvia
MrsBush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: I am glad that you like my pictures Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I am so happy that you like my pictures! I could tell you such a lot of stories from my trip and as I see my own photos here again I would like to go back immediately. So I can't await the October, smile.

I will send Estelle some more photos next week - as I have got some emailproblems at the moment - to show you a few more.

Especially I like the pic of Big Pen with the clear blue sky - you are right Akka, it looks a little bit as the tower of pisa, hahahaha - the pic from the Hyde Part which is directly behind the Buckingham Palace (it was crowded at this day - all Londoner seems to make picknick there as it was such a warm and sunny weather) and the photo with the Union Jack and the old english taxi. And did you recognized the colored houses on the hill on the pic of the bow of Great Britain?

But I am so sorry that I didn't met Paul in Bristol Sad but I am sure that I would have been to shy to speak for me (Pssst, don't tell anybody, but I have only a big mouth that noone notices that I am so shy - till now it works! Wink

Next time I go to Bristol I will pin a notice on my neck "Paul if you find me fainted, please don't forget to leave an autograph for me!" Laughing

As I have told Estelle yesterday I would be pleased to hear his wonderful voice to my favorite "Psssst-picture" saying "Psssst Petra, this is only for you" or like in one of the Bond-movies not "for your eyes only", but "for your ears only, Petra". But I guess I would be so excited that I would sleep anymore because I have to repeat it again and again and again.... Wink

As you don't know me you will not believe me when I say that I never was hysteric, I was never a groupy or a special fan of a musicgroup, singer or actor and I never fall in love at the first sight during my whole life (and I went 40 this year), but I am absoltely hooked on him.
So please tell me - is this a kind of midlifecrisis in advance or do I get crazy???? Shocked Wink Laughing Wink Shocked

So I am very happy that I find other crazy Bushbabes too!!!!! Wink

Yours Petra
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are more pretty pictures from Petra's trip.

Typical british cottages in Clevedon:

The Great Britain dining room for first class passengers:

A first class familiy cabin:

The Great Britain promenade deck:

Windsor Castle:

The entrance to Windsor Castle:

A garden at Windsor Castle:

A train at Windsor Castle:

I love seeing these, Petra! You did have gorgeous weather for your trip. My pics of Windsor castle show gray walls against a white background. Smile How much of the castle were you able to tour? When my daughter and I went a couple of years ago, we basically saw the china and doll rooms, and the private apartments were closed to visitors.

Estelle
Rollyb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are lovely photos Petra. Thanks for sharing them with us... Very Happy
Rollande Cool
Saphira

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are fabulous photos! Thanks so much for sharing them. I've been in London a few times in the past few years, but clearly I need to branch out a bit! Smile
Down East

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics, Petra.
They came out very well.
There is so much to see.... Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: