The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meeting Paul in person
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moon Dancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Meeting Paul in person Reply with quote

Hi all,

For those of you who've been lucky enough to meet Paul in person during a Meet and Greet or something similar, what's he like personality-wise? Does he like jokes?

From the pictures that I've seen on here, he looks very approachable and friendly, but I've never gotten the chance nor been lucky enough to meet him in person.

Just curious,
Moon Dancer
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Meeting Paul in person Reply with quote

Moon Dancer wrote:
Hi all,

For those of you who've been lucky enough to meet Paul in person during a Meet and Greet or something similar, what's he like personality-wise? Does he like jokes?

From the pictures that I've seen on here, he looks very approachable and friendly, but I've never gotten the chance nor been lucky enough to meet him in person.

Just curious,
Moon Dancer

He's very sweet in person and enjoys joking around. And for someone who says he doesn't like having his picture taken, he nevertheless posed for lots of impromptu photos at ChicagoTARDIS 2004. I hope you get to meet him sometime.

Estelle
Down East

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was very animated, upbeat and charming at Chicago Tardis. I think he was enjoying himself with all the fans. Willing to talk to people, answer questions and making a lot of people laugh and feel comfortable with his quick wit. He's very, very sharp, on his toes. And at the same time, seemed warm and responsive or should I say, intuitive to each invidual he go to talk to. For instance, if a person was outgoing and gregarious, he engaged them at their energy level, with snappy come backs and jokes...and also, if a person was kinda shy, he'd sense that too and was rather sweet and gentle, as if not to frighten them overmuch, and put them at ease (as much as that was possible.)

Smile
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul's a lovely guy, very genuine, charming and a great laugh at parties! As are his brothers. They are very grounded individuals who are kept that way by their Mum and sister as well as each other - there is quite an intense (though friendly!) rivalry between them which makes sure they don't get too big for their boots Laughing
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't have put it any better myself Michelle Very Happy Although I haven't personally witnessed Paul in party 'mode' ... Sad
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may not have witnessed Paul in party mode but remember the infamous all-nighter in Liverpool with Joe on guitar? Michael Brogan et al? A night to remember Wink
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, after seeing Joe in the play "The Long, The Short And The Tall"! How could I forget!?! A "lock-in" in a Liverpool pub with Joe on guitar singing his heart out Very Happy It really was a wonderful evening. Those were the days... Wink
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Oh yes, after seeing Joe in the play "The Long, The Short And The Tall"! How could I forget!?! A "lock-in" in a Liverpool pub with Joe on guitar singing his heart out Very Happy It really was a wonderful evening. Those were the days... Wink

Ah, Sam and Michelle, please feel free to reminisce more about those days. I think you'll have an avid audience. Smile

Estelle
Begonia8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God! Yes! Please do! This is making me VERY antsy for November! Wink Wink

Cat xx

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Moon Dancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
He sounds like a sweet and special guy. What's a "lock-in" and how long does it last?

It sounds like you really had fun and enjoyed yourself during that time. Very Happy

Moon Dancer
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe is sweet and very special Very Happy

A "lock-in" as we call it over here is when the public house - bar as you call it in the USA - closes at the usual time but the landlord allows people to stay on the premises because of an extended license/private party. I think we eventually left around 2am.

We did have a lot of fun in "the lost years" and we are enjoying reminiscing about those days here on the library Very Happy

Last edited by Sam on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going to back up what Sam says here - Joe is one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet. Over the years he has become a very good friend and we (Sam and I) both think the world of him. I have a lot of time for all the boys and admire them in different ways, but there is something special about Joe Wink
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there certainly IS something special about Joe. Wink He's such a nice guy! Very Happy
Akka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ähem, was the question like: who´ve met him? I haven´t! I would love to. Have I heard and seen that he is absolutely charming, friendly and no allures! I would love to! Embarassed Cool
mango

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Meeting Paul in person Reply with quote

Moon Dancer wrote:
Hi all,

Paul is actually a bit of a joker himself lol; when my mum & I met him last November, he pretended to chase us out of the shop on finding out that we supported his footie team's biggest rivals! I remember that well! He actually stood up behind the table and made as if to come round the side to chase us out & also said that he was going to delete the photos off our digital camera. At one point earlier on he actually did make a grab for it! Wink

Linz
xxx

Avatar courtesy of Desdemona Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: