The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just introducing myself...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
honeythunder

Location: floating in space (okay, just outside of Boston, MA)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Just introducing myself... Reply with quote

hello everyone!

*waves*

How did I get McGanned? Tinuvielberen's "Doomsday Dimensions" fic over at eight_love on LJ. Then I started listening to the big finish audios...I was warned about the dangers of listening to the audios - but I've not been one to dance on the safe side of the fence!

I was going to comment about this in the original post, but I thought I'd introduce myself first.

.....So that's *really* Paul's myspace?

oops!!

I thought it was Faux Paul - so I sent a message (his myspace wasn't friends-only then). I know I didn't say much in the way of crazed fangirl ramblings...if anything it was a polite note that had NOTHING to do with his career - or him in general! (and then just to really demonstrate my "I talk to buildings" spirit - I included a friend request!)

This would be embarassing if I had any shame.

You know, I think that's a GREAT introduction to everyone here...

steph - the silly space-cadet with a heart of gold
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steph

*waves back madly*

Good to have you here - the more the merrier and as more people join I don't feel such a newbie!

So has Paul added you on myspace? Come over and say Hi on there, we have quite a crowd now - spot the people with McGann tracks on their profiles (I have Mark's isound loaded on to mine).

Enjoy looking round here and have fun Laughing
Down East

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steph,

Nice to see you here.

Smile

DE
Kristine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Steph -

You fit right in here!!! Welcome to the crowd! I put in a friend request about a month ago and still haven't heard back (any ideas, Michelle?), but I've heard that sometimes it takes awhile for him to get around to it. Say, you're welcome to come over and I'll add you to my site, plus all the girls would welcome you that I have as friends (yes, the Library girls are all very warm and gracious!). I lurked here for over a year before I got up the courage to introduce myself (am I introverted, oh yes, I am).

Look forward to talking to you!

Kristine Very Happy
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Just introducing myself... Reply with quote

Hi Steph, and welcome!

honeythunder wrote:
Then I started listening to the big finish audios...I was warned about the dangers of listening to the audios - but I've not been one to dance on the safe side of the fence!

The latest Doctor Who Magazine has a cool article about the Eighth Doc audios (which I hope to have transcribed and posted by the weekend). Anyway, one of the peoples interviewed said Paul had an intense, sexy voice--I think they got that right!

Quote:
....So that's *really* Paul's myspace?

oops!!

I thought it was Faux Paul - so I sent a message (his myspace wasn't friends-only then). I know I didn't say much in the way of crazed fangirl ramblings...if anything it was a polite note that had NOTHING to do with his career - or him in general! (and then just to really demonstrate my "I talk to buildings" spirit - I included a friend request!)

Yep, he's really there, even if he doesn't embrace myspace like Clerks and Dogma director Kevin Smith does (Kevin sends out bulletins announcing his latest blog topic and says he waiting for the kudos Smile). I'm sure Paul appreciated your note. I don't know how he goes about friending folks and get the impression that he takes his own sweet time doing so.

Estelle
Saphira

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Steph! It's good to see you here (I'm alto2 on LJ Wink ). I hope you enjoy browsing through this site--there's a lot to look at!
Tallulah-Belle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Welcome!!! *WAVES BACK* Laughing
shipoftheline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Steph!!

Make yourself comfortable.

Photoshop resources
aerynstales

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!

Um, you can guess who I am on lj so never mind that. Very Happy Good to see you here! I too have a Myspace and have requested friending, but I think I'd fall down in a heap if he ever actually friended me.

I agree on his voice...it's amazing. I'd listen to him read anything...even my car manual.

Anyhoo back to my lurking...*lurk, lurk, lurk*

Aeryn
honeythunder

Location: floating in space (okay, just outside of Boston, MA)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: so...like...uh... Reply with quote

My fangirlness takes a weirder turn....

I sent a message - but NOT a friend request.

^_^;

tee..hee..hee...

(I think if I ever won the lotto - my charitable gift to humanity would be "Paul McGann reads the Oxford English Dictionary".)

Thanks for making me feel welcome here!

feel free to say hello on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/honeythunder3000
Saphira

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: so...like...uh... Reply with quote

honeythunder wrote:
(I think if I ever won the lotto - my charitable gift to humanity would be "Paul McGann reads the Oxford English Dictionary".)

OMG, that's a BRILLIANT idea! I volunteer to provide hot tea and honey so as to keep the process moving along! Wink
Akka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome Steph! German greetings from Akka! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: