The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Always Crashing in the Same Car screencaps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Screen caps from 2000+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Begonia8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you'll be fine, Mikoto! A rock wouldn't be the weirdest thing he's autographed, specially not one from there. I think he'd be impressed. I would think the weirdest autograph experience he's probably had would have to be at a con several years ago. One of the earlier members of the PMEB put her dog on the table and asked Paul for an autograph. He nearly passed out, thinking she wanted him to actually sign her dog! He was much relieved when he found out she wanted him to sign the t-shirt little Lance was wearing! Laughing

You know, Melissa, those eyes aren't really THAT difficult, at least, not for a moment or two. I have to admit, though, I didn't see much of them at Invasion 7 last March. He didn't look much at me as he was too busy glueing his eyes to the banknotes and saying, "My darling Louise" over and over and... I had to suppress a wild craving to say, "Earth to Paul! Earth to Paul!" Laughing He does love his Louise!

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
Laura

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing .. well then, if I'll ever go to a con with Paul as a guest, I'll make sure to bring along my beloved black cat... he (Paul) can either sign my cat's collar, or my cat (Billy) can purr at him... Laughing ..
Mikoto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually really nice when you know what one of the guests is into. Because then, hey, they can talk about something besides what everyone's asking them about all weekend! (I think I might go homicidal if I had to answer the same five questions for three days straight.)

If I ever find out he's a guest where I'll be, I shall go out of my way to find him something shiny. There's actually a local indie cinema that runs silent film events and seminars quite a bit ... who knows what they'd have in their shop!

catherine ~ I've run into a Japanese cosplay idol at the same con twice in as many years. The first year she fell in love with some pink heels I was wearing as part of a costume. The second year I asked her to sign them. Laughing I suppose a rock wouldn't be so weird, comparatively.

Also, his reaction to that gift sounds adorable. Laughing I have to admit there are rather geeky things I get that way about ...

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG
~ Reference to Puccini/Madame Butterfly

Two for:
~ Gratuitous Doctor Who continuity
~ Overtly Messianic imagery
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
Begonia8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was adorable! I couldn't help smiling at his initial reaction when they slipped out of the St.Patrick's Day card I'd made for him. He realised just what had landed on the table and exclaimed, "It's LOUISE!" I crack up every time I recall that! Laughing It was so cute! Very Happy I should repost my account of Invasion 7. The autograph table was the best part of the day for me. Never forget it. Ever.

"Come quietly and nobody gets hurt! I've got a large carrot and I'm not afraid to use it!"-The Eighth Doctor
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

catherine wrote:
I'm sure you'll be fine, Mikoto! A rock wouldn't be the weirdest thing he's autographed, specially not one from there. I think he'd be impressed. I would think the weirdest autograph experience he's probably had would have to be at a con several years ago. One of the earlier members of the PMEB put her dog on the table and asked Paul for an autograph. He nearly passed out, thinking she wanted him to actually sign her dog! He was much relieved when he found out she wanted him to sign the t-shirt little Lance was wearing! Laughing

At the time Paul didn't seem that shocked to be signing Judi Grant's doggy Lance:

However, the con person assisting him was very worried that Lance would knock something over or do something despicable on the table. Nothing of the sort happened. Smile

I agree, Mikoto, a Withnail-related rock would probably warm the cockles. Smile

When I gave him a sheet of 37 cent US stamps with his piccy on them at CT2004, he said, "Give me a kiss!" and then puckered up. Smile

Estelle

Last edited by emay on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mikoto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL!!! What a great piccie with the dog!

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG
~ Reference to Puccini/Madame Butterfly

Two for:
~ Gratuitous Doctor Who continuity
~ Overtly Messianic imagery
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
Frigate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best part of all these con/autograph stories of Paul is his reaction to people's gifts. I don't think he would ignore any gift a person was thoughtful enough to bring him - even if he did chuck it discretely afterward!

Of course there is always the danger than once it is know what he goes for, he get innundated with the stuff (like chocolate and wine!). I'm sure he's mentally rolled his eyes when yet another box of chocolate lands on his lap. I don't know how the poor guy keeps his figure (yes, Cat, I hear you snickering in the background! Laughing )
Tony: "Neither does 'Tony'."

Navy NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service 2003
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frigate wrote:
I think the best part of all these con/autograph stories of Paul is his reaction to people's gifts. I don't think he would ignore any gift a person was thoughtful enough to bring him - even if he did chuck it discretely afterward!

Gene Smith, organizer of ChicagoTARDIS, said Paul was the only guest who took all his presents home with him, unlike others who would leave stuff behind for Gene to dispose of. Very Happy

Estelle
Begonia8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Yes, Melissa, I caught the joke! Laughing I've also heard that on the rare occasion, he, or any of his brothers, gets a duplicate of something, for example, the boys will give it to their mother. I think that's sort of sweet. I love that they don't just leave things.

Estelle, I read about Paul thinking he might have to actually autograph Judi's dog from an old PMEB email I got when I was still restricted to using public library computers. A few people were discussing the incident. As I love hearing about con experiences with Paul, I printed out the email and I still have it with the rest of the email printouts from the time. I'll look it out, let you know exactly what was said. I enjoyed the reminiscence. Anyway, thanks for the pictures, Estelle. Interesting. I remembered her dog's name, but not Judi's! Shocked Very interesting as I love her story at Dreamtime, the one where the Eighth Doctor gets interviewed by the police! Hysterical.

Back to my own writing!

Frigate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emay wrote:
Frigate wrote:

Gene Smith, organizer of ChicagoTARDIS, said Paul was the only guest who took all his presents home with him, unlike others who would leave stuff behind for Gene to dispose of. Very Happy

Estelle

Aw, how sweet! Even if he didn't want something he had the decency to throw it away (or give it to mum - even better!) out of sight rather than hurt someone. Gotta love that guy!
Tony: "Neither does 'Tony'."

Navy NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service 2003
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Screen caps from 2000+ All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: