The McGann Library Forum Index The McGann Library
A place to celebrate the works of British actor Paul McGann

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beehive-clover

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Hi! My name is Lisa and I live in SE Washington (not to be confused with Washington DC Wink ). I'm 28 years old, though I'll be turning 29 this summer. A couple years ago, the Doctor Who fandom hit me like a ton of bricks, and I had to see everything Who related. That's how I came upon Paul McGann and I guess I've been a fan since then. Though it's hard for me to really consider myself a true fangirl, since up to a little while ago, the Doctor Who movie was the only thing I'd seen him in. (I saw Withnail & I a few weeks ago, courtesy of youtube. All praise youtube!) The movies and shows he's been in are hard to find in my small town, and are often things I'm not especially eager to see. I'm a horrible fangirl, aren't I? Wink I have, however, been an avid listener of the 8th Doctor audios.
So that's me; how do you do? Pleased to meet you all. Smile
Mikoto

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Yes, I adore the audios, too. I could listen to Paul's voice all day. *sigh* Someone somewhere once said that his voice is solely responsible for global warming. Laughing

I'm sure we could rustle up a few things for you to look at -- if nothing else, go through the screencaps. There's plenty, with more showing up on occasion.

Welcome!

One for:
~ 'Two hearts'
~ 'Thirteen lives'
~ A clock
~ 90s-grade CG
~ Reference to Puccini/Madame Butterfly

Two for:
~ Gratuitous Doctor Who continuity
~ Overtly Messianic imagery
~ Beryllium/atomic clock
Louisa

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikoto wrote:
Someone somewhere once said that his voice is solely responsible for global warming.

Teehee. Interesting thought.

And welcome! I myself have only seen the "Horatio" stuff and "Withnail and I" (again, all praise youtube). Everything else is virtually unreachable for me Sad Thank God my family's getting netflix this summer.

And yes, screen caps are very lovely thing to look through if you're like me and haven't seen many of the movies.

"Y'all" is, in fact, a cool word.
beehive-clover

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, screencaps are WIN! (even tho they don't include The Voice) So a big and gooey hug and kiss to the wonderful people who've taken the time to post them! Smile
Akka

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome Lisa! Cool
Frigate

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lisa! Welcome to our little Paul McGann cult place here! It's funny how people meet Paul (and all succumb, no matter which of his incarnations they first see Wink ) - I myself am a firm Lt. Bush fan but I can't say I've seen him in a bad role even though I've by no means seen everything. O.K. - there are some bad roles, but it's Paul McGann - so it's still easy to watch. It can be hard being a fangirl of such and elusive star but the hunt makes it more fun - and just think, there are all those films just wating for you to find them!

Check at your local library to see if they can get any of his films. I've bought several for ours (I'm the video librarian among other things Very Happy ) and there are several available through regular retail. The Horatio Hornblower series in which he plays Lt. Bush (in four movies) is available through A&E as well. Happy hunting!
Tony: "Neither does 'Tony'."

Navy NCIS Naval Criminal Investigative Service 2003
emay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa, and welcome to this of bit McGanned space. Smile Back in the day I'd seen Paul in Withnail & I, Alien 3, and The Three Musketeers without recognizing him. Then in 2000 I rediscovered him when checking out the BBC Eighth Doctor novels and kept finding various McGanned goodies for my viewing and listening pleasure.

I'm glad you like this forum, which is still very much a work in progress.

Estelle
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome! Very Happy
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa and welcome,

I first saw Paul back in 1985 ish and I'm still around.... Very Happy

Says a lot about the man!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The McGann Library Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: